• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - anyone
    Ruan
    Something wasn't right inside him. He'd grown so cold and distant, held everyone he loved at arms length. Found peace in the presence of strangers with deep eyes as wild as his. Enchanting, enthralling. Was he turning feral? Was her magic warping him over time to make him think he was truly wolf, as he felt he truly should be. This skin, this body was no longer home to his wild heart. His sight longed for night now, when they would become wolves like clockwork. When he would be whole again and free.

Cracking through the brush had him flinching, so loud, so sensitive. The snaps of twigs produced a snap in his mind, the snapping of salivating jaws that hadn't been there before. Ice-blue eyes sharpened, brightened as he turned toward it with purpose, moved with a fluid lope of rolling muscles akin to the canine gradually manifesting in his mind, becoming impossibly sentient.

He came to a slow pause as he stepped into view, his head low and watchful. But he was not a wary wolf, despite his mind fracturing and telling him it was so, and he lifted his skull as a stallion should. And forced words from a mouth of flat and useless teeth.

Welcome to the Taiga, he greeted, strong but low. The sight of her wings had his head tilting and muscles beneath his shoulders contracting reflexively as if his were still there hiding behind the jagged scars. It had been so long since they were stolen and torn from his body, so long since he flexed those now-useless muscles.

Piercing blue eyes returned to the sea-green of hers, and he relaxed the tension in his posture that came so naturally to him now. I am Ruan. Can I help you find someone? He was calm and solemn, curious at the sight of a traveler when so few ever came. Most only passed through as quietly as they could to get to or from the forests on either side.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - anyone - by Ruan - 02-18-2017, 04:33 PM