• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I am no solution
    fiasko
    She’s come to expect the reactions to her face by now, but the look on the stallion’s face still makes her want to cringe away and run. He covers his shock however, and she stands strong, repeating her father’s words in her head. “I love you exactly how you are and if they don’t, then they aren’t worthy of being in your presence.” The stallion's reaction is not the worst she's ever experienced, after all. She wonders if her father had realized how important those words would become to her. They’ve often helped her in moments like these.

She’s about to inquire if he’s lost, when she notices the red stallion’s eyes moving to look into the sky, high above their heads. She follows his gaze, and is amazed to see a bay mare ascending quietly from the sky above. Her jaw threatens to drop, but she controls herself. She’s heard of mythicals of course (it would be bizarre if she had not), but in her sheltered life in the Gates, she has seen little of those gifted with such wondrous traits. And this ability in particular (flight without wings!) seems quite spectacular.

The mare drops to the earth beside them, and Fiasko abruptly becomes even more uncomfortably aware of her own appearance. This mare is slender and pretty, and, after that display, clearly powerful.  Fiasko on the other hand is, well, hideous.  Not that there’s much she can do about that.

She nods in polite greeting to the mare (and is unsurprised when the creature mentions she’s from a mythical kingdom), then turns back to look at the red stallion.  He doesn’t appear to be entirely sure what to make of the fact that he’s been approached by a pair of mares and places him upwind, likely trying to avoid their scents.  “A pleasure to meet you as well.”

He asks after their purpose, and she fumbles for the words.  What else would she be here for, really?  “Well, I saw that you looked a bit lost.  And this being the herdless territory, I wondered if you might be in search of a home.”

i'm still waiting for the world to end

Messages In This Thread
    I am no solution - by Weir - 05-22-2015, 06:33 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Fiasko - 05-22-2015, 07:58 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 05-22-2015, 08:15 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Weir - 05-23-2015, 11:16 AM
    RE: I am no solution - by Fiasko - 05-24-2015, 04:03 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 05-26-2015, 05:36 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Weir - 05-26-2015, 06:36 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Fiasko - 05-27-2015, 01:05 PM
    love is a temporary madness... - by Elysteria - 05-28-2015, 04:22 PM
    RE: I am no solution - by Weir - 05-29-2015, 03:03 PM