• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the mystery of you; Ruan only.
    Ruan
    He saw that what he said wounded her almost physically as she gasped and stepped back. He immediately felt a little safer with that added distance, feeling guilty for it but still safer. Feeling her hurt reflected inside his chest. The pain claimed her face and tears slipped down her lovely face to burn and hiss at the ground.

What? What then!? she demanded, her voice raw with the strength of her emotion. She transformed back into herself, furious and glaring, hurting. When I needed you to believe in me and to trust me most, you LEFT me. Betrayed my trust, left my side, and went to find them.

His lips pulled back in a vicious snarl, a loud and rattling growl filling the space between them as his dark ears melded to his skull. You better not mean that how it sounds, Reagan, he warned low. He would not tolerate being accused of being disloyal. If he buried his attention in anyone, it was the children, especially sweet Fur that still needed his steady guidance as Jinju once had, as Terra once had. He was married, he was mated. He would never do something to threaten that. She should know this, she knew his heart, his past, his life. She should know what it meant to him. What she meant to him.

I CRAVE your trust and affection. And you spread it around to them. Your lady wolves. Our daughters.. Her voice drowned under the sound of his wild roar, throwing her magic violently from his body and becoming his horse again. His wings of ice shot from his sides, thrashing the air in his severe agitation, armor lining the arch of his neck without thought. Blue eyes blazed in fury, his heart burning with rage. He couldn't even speak under the weight of it.
    Let it burn, let it all burn. No, let it FREEZE.

No!

He fought to hold the pain, clutched it even as it singed him, branded him. The alternative was worse. The Unfeeling was worse. Dangerous. Consuming. It was dark and cruel. It wasn't him. He had to feel, keep feeling. Don't let it go. Don't become the monster.

The pent up frustrations, the building pressure of past hurts yet unresolved were thrust to the fore with a number of new and equally deep sorrows and angers. Everything inside him was firing, exploding, erupting. No amount of his ice could soothe it, no words or touches could bring him down from this. Space, he needed space. He needed distance. Needed to get out until he was safe again. Until they were safe from him again. Don't let it consume him. Don't let it turn him.

He roared again, his front feet slamming into the ground. Neither of those things relieved it, nothing eased the pressure inside him.

So he turned and ran.
    And ran.

Until he collapsed, far, far away in some distance place, under the numb of exhaustion and not the numb of his cold-hearted Winter.
    But they were safe, and he was too.

And the Alpha would come home again.

Messages In This Thread
    the mystery of you; Ruan only. - by Reagan - 02-20-2017, 01:55 AM
    RE: the mystery of you; Ruan only. - by Ruan - 03-10-2017, 09:12 AM
    RE: the mystery of you; Ruan only. - by Reagan - 03-10-2017, 08:13 PM
    RE: the mystery of you; Ruan only. - by Ruan - 03-12-2017, 12:23 PM
    RE: the mystery of you; Ruan only. - by Reagan - 03-12-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: the mystery of you; Ruan only. - by Ruan - 03-16-2017, 12:51 AM