• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Any)

show them the joy and the pain and the ending

It is not often she seeks to gather information in the old fashioned way, as it were. Her means of information gathering are invariably more efficient. Perhaps it is a lingering side effect of her recent lack of such a gift, or perhaps it is that she is simply growing as a woman, but whatever the reason, she refrains from using such tricks on Carwyn.

Had she not decided to stand upon morals today, she could have easily discovered that they are, indeed, related. The very grandfather she speaks of happens to be her great grandfather, though hers is a very different branch of the family than that of Carwyn’s. Of course, Heartfire has never met her great grandfather, but she is a world class snoop. She knows of him.

Alas, she is being good today, so she picks up the thread of the conversation with a slight nod of understanding. ”And your grandfather? He is here as well?” She asks not because she has any suspicions they may be related, but because it is prudent for her to learn what she can of her fellow kingdom-mates.

She offers a small smile at her companion's next words as she shakes her head slightly. She is quite new as well. ”Not at all. I arrived early last summer as well.”

Ironic that they had come here so close together, though in truth, Heartfire has spent little time in Nerine until recently. But her decision to stay had been perhaps for very different reasons. Nerine might be new, but it holds the women her grandmother had once ruled. In a way, it had been meant to be.

heartfire

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

picture c Petrova Julia.N

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Show them the joy and the pain and the ending (Any) - by Heartfire - 03-09-2017, 11:00 AM