• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    Nayl didn’t expect to see Djinni so abruptly.

There had been the sound of crashing waves and the calls of seagulls overhead. Entranced by the lull of the kingdom, Nayl is close to startled by the sudden rush of Djinni’s scent in her nostrils following an unexpected greeting. It has been almost a year since they’ve last crossed paths, but she has let slip by with hardly notice. Although they possess a mutual friendship, they also have split agendas.

”But of course. How could I not?” She replies humorously while adding, ”I already know you missed me so there is no need to ask.” Or so she assumes that to be the truth since Djinni is here now with her eyes cast both on her and their surroundings.

But it isn’t the pleasantries or soaked coat that lure Nayl’s attention; it’s how heavily smothered in Stillwater’s scent Djinni is. The familiarity sends a bitter chill down her spine, but her expression does nothing to betray her. She doesn’t even bring up his name, tucking it far into the depths of her mind where she hopes to never let it surface. They’ve split and parted in their ways. They’re done.

But Djinni has apparently taken this opportune moment to mend what brittle relationship she initially had with Stillwater. With her body soaked in his scent, Nayl cannot help but wonder. It crosses her mind briefly to toss in a comment about it, but she refrains with a small grin and shrug. ”Nothing really. Nerine is still doing well. And what of Sylva? I’m assuming it has truly captured your heart since you are rarely here nowadays.” The Nerinian Mage is often absent, and yet Nayl doesn’t want to entirely let her go or demolish the rank she holds. Their friendship has its benefits.

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl - by Nayl - 02-26-2017, 07:51 PM