• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl
    She spun the stars on her fingernails
    ”I suppose there is no drastic need for an army,” she shrugs, but there remains a tone of disappointment threading through her words. She wants there to be soldiers, active challenges, and yet there is minimal activity in the ranks. Somehow, it’s reassuring to hear that Nerine isn’t alone in this, but she also doesn’t want to hear that their subkingdom is just as weak. She doesn’t doubt they would be strong grouped together, but she hopes to not be tested, not yet, not before she has reached her full potential.

A smile appears in response to Djinni’s musings. ”I do rather like the sound of that,” she chuckles and toys with the term empress, letting it roll delicately in her thoughts, her name always punctuating it. It would be a difficult venture, an accomplishment so rarely seen, but she has to contemplate how. There lie obstacles in her path, but she doesn’t plan to take the crown in Ischia. No, a raid is from an old Beqanna, not new. That isn’t what she wants at all. She simply wants to help strengthen it, to assist, to observe. ”Yes, perhaps a council,” she thinks aloud of the possibilities, and she would have continued had it not been for his name – the name that she so often tries to oust from her thoughts.

Inwardly, she hisses in malcontent, but her expression is devoid of such things. Her body only moves by the rising and falling of her breaths, and the flickering of her eyes as she searches Djinni for a reason. Nothing comes up, of course, and Nayl tries not to dwell on this for long. Her head tilts away and a breath sighs from her lungs. ”Stillwater,” she doesn’t utter his name with the same respect she once had, the admiration for him depleted over the past year. ”All I know is that he can’t be trusted.” She wanted so badly to trust him when she first acquired the throne, but she has since learned her mistakes. He was a mistake.

But she let him close enough to be considered as such.

”I don’t know much of him before he arrived here,” she shrugs, disappointed that she didn’t learn enough about him, but she quickly deviates from him. The truth is roiling in her gut, stirred by the mentioning of Stillwater. The anger rises in her blood, but she continues to hide it, but this time behind a nonchalant voice of admission. ”I have a surprise to tell you,” her eyes brighten enough to cause suspicion as she ankles herself to look down at the shore briefly before finding Djinni again. ”It seems I will have an heir in the spring,” a brow raises knowing well how the news will spread lke wildfire, ”with Lior.”

Nayl
    covet and myrina's creation

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl - by Nayl - 03-06-2017, 10:15 PM