• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl
    It has never occured to Djinni that Nayl is hiding anything from her. Why should it, when it has never crossed the grullo's mind to keep anything from the iron queen? She lies to herself, of course, but if she doesn't admit the truth even to herself then she can't really be held responsible for what she does and does not share. (So says the logical part of her mind that she shuts away in preference of more immediately pleasurable thoughts).

When Nayl repeats Stillwater's name, there is enough of a change in her voice that Djinni turns back from the sea, pins the tobiano mare with a sharp green gaze as the queen tells her that he cannot be trusted.

That is not what she had expected, and it shows.

The last the the two smoky mares had discussed the black stallion, Nayl had been teasing (a cover, though Djinni doesn't suspect) and this time she is anything but. Djinni had brought the news that Stillwater was now ruling Sylva, and Nayl had congratulated her, telling her she had done well. Yet now he is not to be trusted?

Something is not right, but Djinni cannot quite put her hoof on it. She tries, but has little time before Nayl is moving on. The grullo mare knows the swift subject change for what it is, but she is not sure if she should press at it, and forgets it almost entirely at the news.

Djinni has always loved surprises, and while she does not think of children as the beloved blessing that so many do, she reads the pleasure in her friend's eyes and reacts accordingly. It takes her a moment to place the name Lior, but then she remembers a tall man with light eyes and dragon wings. He is here in Nerine, she realizes now, that is why he had seemed so familiar when they crossed paths in the skies above Sylva.

He is a man of the Queensguard, like Stillwater was (had been?). Is that why Stillwater is no longer to be trusted? Had she taken him from Nayl? She refuses to think of that, for surely Nayl would have said something were that the case, and instead expresses the genuine happiness for her friend that she feels.

"Congratulations," she says as she reaches out to press a gentle muzzle to Nayl's dark shoulder. It will be a less ugly foal than most, she is quite certain, and even if it's not, what good is her magic if she can't ensure that everything from Nerine is perfect. "Have you picked out a name?"
    D J I N N I
    genie | rose gold tobiano dun | trickster

Messages In This Thread
    RE: i've got some damn bad intentions - nayl - by Djinni - 03-09-2017, 12:00 PM