• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. (Contagion)
    Tyrna

Like a shadow dancing on the edge

You were my Queen

The words roll around in her ears feeling heavy with some unspoken meaning. A secret, a burden, a finality. Her time as Queen had been so brief, a mere blink in the timeline of Beqanna that could probably be skipped entirely. It doesn't help that she had been consumed by the wolf for a majority of that time.

She eyes this stranger more carefully now. There is a familiarity to him that unsettles her, an edge to his words like she should know him. Should, and doesn't. Her memories of that time are buried, how deep she doesn't know, but the way he looks at her tugs at the scraps of half forgotten dreams. The nightmares that keep her awake at night and the daydreams that remind her of home.

Her smile slips just a fraction as she takes in this stranger before her. His body is light but solid, his wings gorgeous shades of red that flutter at his sides, and his eyes that look at her with questions. She flushes with shame. Shame that she seems to have let this man down when he seems to know her so well, and she can't recall him in the slightest. She brings her bright blue eyes back up to meet his, steadily and unapologetically meeting his gaze.

"I'm sorry, but I still don't remember." She tilts her head slightly in concentration, "Perhaps if you told me your name it would help?" Her voice stays steady, but if he could really help her remember even a fraction of what she had lost to the ravages of the wolf and the changing of the land then she might just fall apart.

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. (Contagion) - by Tyrna - 03-31-2017, 05:56 PM