• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. -Ruan
    Ruan
    She hadn't known he was a ruler here, unless his mannerisms gave that away, married to these woods and to Reagan. At least he didn't think she did, he hadn't told her. He had been content to be just a man to her, just a strange man with wolfish ways. An equal. But the truth of who he was had been thrust in her face before he could have a chance to tell her himself, as Reagan melted possessively into his side and displayed his position even as he was comfortable letting her lead her own meeting. When he looked up from those radiant green eyes, Tyrna had been gone.

He scanned the faces, greeted the late arrivals, but the blue of his eyes never again met the blue of hers.

He'd had to run a while after that meeting before he could try to seek her out, had to burn off the deep-seated fury at his enemy's pawn walking freely into their gathering, as if he belonged there. Because he did belong there. So Ruan didn't stop until he was comfortably gasping for air, soaked in the same chilly creek he and Tyrna had laid in as she told him her story, as he did not return it with his.

As soon as he was calm, as soon as the hate and mistrust was folded and tucked safely away again, the first thing he did was try to find her. It didn't take him long, as though somehow he could just know which direction to go. And she wasn't far from that same creek, the water still dripping down his purple-spotted sides.

He approached her carefully from behind, stopping at a polite distance with his head low as a cautious wolf might, uncertain if she would want to see him. Tyrna.. he called softly, worried blue eyes searching for hers from the dark of his black face. Had he messed this up too? He wasn't sure how to express how much he dreaded the loss of her.

There was still a taut string from him to her, he felt, and he wasn't sure why or what it meant. Still curious to find why he seemed so tuned to her. But maybe in time. Tyrna, I.. but his voice faded into the shadows, and his eyes fell to the ground. Words were once again a frustrating challenge for him, lost somewhere in his mind where his mouth couldn't grab them. So instead he waited, and hoped she would stay a while with him. Hoped she was not upset. Hoped things between them were okay.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. -Ruan - by Ruan - 03-10-2017, 02:38 PM