• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. -Ruan
    Tyrna

Like a shadow dancing on the edge
    She feels like she's drowning in the Blue of his eyes. Glacial frost that steals her breath and turns it to ice in her lungs. She knows her words are harsh, and she doesn't mean them, not truly. She knows Reagan was just doing her best, trying to keep the loose band that roamed the Taiga together as a family, a pack. Tyrna just didn't know where she fit anymore. She was not the Alpha here, but neither would she roll over and submit. She was an outsider looking at the family she longed to be part of but with no place for her. The only thing, only person, that seemed to keep her grounded among the trees she loved was across from her, drowning her in his icy gaze.

She feels his soft touch along her jaw and freezes again. Standing so still, terrified that she will melt under his delicate touch. It sends a shock through her and solidifies whatever it is that lies between them. He says he would never call her like the pet she feels like, and she knows he is sincere. But he is the Alpha of the pack of shifters and she knows he would never need to call at all. She gravitated toward him naturally, purely on instinct, with or without his call she would always be keenly aware of his presence. Just like the rest of them it seemed. Tyrna knew in that instant, as she stood filling her lungs with his scent of pine and ice, that she would never leave. Could never leave. Somehow he had swpet in like a tide and filled her senses with dreams of the ocean. In a whisper soft as snow she answers.

"I know."

Short and sweet, it answers all the questions he leaves unasked and acknowledges whatever it is that keeps pulling them together. "I don't know why," she says with a sad smile in return to his gentle plea. "My smiles are easy and happiness comes and goes, but it seems like you've captured something far more rare than either of those."

She doesn't name the thing that lies heavy and splintered like a broken bird in her chest, she doesn't need to. It has been said with every sideways glance and butterfly touch that passes so rarely between them. Her eyes are clear, and this time the smile she gives him, though small and sad, is genuine. "Things will get better, they always do. I never meant for things to get so muddy and tangled. I never meant to intrude on your family like I have, but.." Her next words seem to drop from her lips like an apology.

"I can't seem to leave you, and I don't think I want to."

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I won't apologize for the Fire in my eyes. -Ruan - by Tyrna - 03-16-2017, 01:44 PM