• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia

It has been a long year in Tephra, though as successful as many of the years Dahmer had spent in the Subway. He has grown with Beqanna, with those who work to recover from the Reckoning, and is proud to be an integral part of Tephra. There are moments that he feels uncomfortable in his contentedness, like he should be pursuing a kingdom of his own, but the black stallion figures it's just his mother talking. He finds no shame in being a simple cog.

This winter is, perhaps, a bit chillier than the last, but Dahmer still grins at the absence of snow. Magnus had kept his promise. The obsidian Thoroughbred roams the tropical forest at their volcano's base, humming quietly to himself as he meanders through foliage and over lava streams. Dusk has finally greeted them, offering an orange glow to the residents of Tephra.

He happens upon Lucrezia, the long grasses swaying around their legs as Dahmer joins her and gently taps his muzzle against her soft coat. He grins warmly, blue eyes locking with hers. "Ambassador Lucrezia," he whispers quietly and lowers his narrow head, "I, a simple rank I, am not worthy of your company." A quiet chuckle falls from his lips as he pivots to get a better look at the woman he had long ago begun to regard as a close friend.

"I am serious, though. Congratulations. There is no better person for the job."

Magnus had chosen wisely, just as Dahmer had always known he would.

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 03-05-2017, 06:11 PM