• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

So mastered by the brute blood of the air - Cordis

A better creature than she would ask questions.
    A better creature would prod and poke, would at least read the situation rather than take it at face value (as if the fervid nature of the words didn’t speak well enough for the nature of the situation). But she is no such creature, she thinks every good part of her was carved out – pieces of her left in His lair, and the rest of her left on the shore of a riverside, next to a pile of bones.
    She is jealous, beside - I am in love says the girl, and Cordis knew that feeling, once. Her story was one writ across years – across decades – a tale of water sparkling on her back like jewels, of laurel bushes, of lighthouses beckoning her safe to shore.
    (A tale of moments, giving and taking, leaving – but coming back. She always came back, for her.)

Had she not owed the girl something, she would have refused in her own petty jealousies, but instead, she is here with a debt to be paid, to finalize her magic’s return.
    The girl still speaks, but Cordis barely listens til she sees her eyes flutter closed, and then she darts into her mind – on the surface, quick like a fish – and grabs the image, hooks it, pulls it out from her mind into something real, into something that she throws over the girl like a blanket.
    Spark - the kind of thing that starts fires. So little is needed.
    Before her is a crude rendition of the girl, but Cordis looks, and makes changes, colors an eye red, makes the coat wilder.
    “It’s done,” she says. She doesn’t ask what the girl will do in her new body.
    “Go quick,” she says, “it will only last a few hours.”

I’ll touch you all and make damn sure

Cordis

that no one touches me

picture © horseryder.deviantart.com

no need to reply i just wanted to wrap up <33

Messages In This Thread
    RE: So mastered by the brute blood of the air - Cordis - by Cordis - 03-19-2017, 08:50 PM