• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shut up and let me go; bruise, any

She is SO fucking done.

No matter what she does, no matter how hard she tries, she always comes last in her family. She’d started off so well - been the most gifted of the family’s girls (and the youngest), had been the apple of her mother and father’s eye …

And then the faeries had stripped everything away, and Lumi had run into that magician, and Scholar, Hope and Fox had been born …

And everything had just fucking compounded. 

She’d at least gained one good thing out of the whole deal, that being that, while the faeries had taken away her snowman shifting, they’d replaced it temporarily with a beautiful set of feathered wings. Rather more helpful than what she used to have, she has to admit.

But everything else had rather gone to shit. Lumi had run away to a Nerine after making a deal with a magician. Mother had started hounding her every fucking move, and Father had started ignoring her (spending more time with Scholar, Hope and Fox, the little shits), and she just has no interest in dealing with it any more. She’s just done with them all.

And she knows exactly where to go. 

She’s heard the stories, of course, of the wasteland far off to the west. She’d heard that it was created by a dark god who’d then ruled it for a time, and that he’d eventually passed on the crown to a horned, bloodthirsty demon. Just the right sort of place for making unjust parents regret their actions. 

She’s not disappointed in her choice when she reaches the border. The valley spread out below her is a vast, twisted canyon, all cracked grey earth and dead vegetation. The only signs of life are a few patches of green at the rivers edge, and a few sets of hoofprints that trail out before her into the valley below. Perfectly ominous - the exact sort of place a loving and caring pair of parents would want their ‘precious’ baby girl to avoid. 

“HEY!” She yells out across the valley, her voice reverberating off the canyon sides as she begins to descend. She knows there are other horses here, the hoofprints she’s now following only confirm it. The only question is who. “ANYONE THERE?”
    Taiga
    frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul …

Blargh I know I need new html for her

Messages In This Thread
    shut up and let me go; bruise, any - by Taiga - 03-12-2017, 11:33 PM
    RE: shut up and let me go; bruise, any - by Taiga - 03-13-2017, 11:47 PM
    RE: shut up and let me go; bruise, any - by Taiga - 03-15-2017, 02:14 PM