• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

shut up and let me go; bruise, any
    He laughs in her face, like she’s some foolish child having a tantrum, and her blood begins to boil. “Well la-di-fucking-dah.” Seriously, he’s going to fucking threaten her? And he has the gall to call her a brat?!

Then it’s her turn to laugh. “Seriously? You’re the prince? Hah!” She breaks into peals of tinkling laughter. “Too bad it’s a title that doesn’t mean much. Means your Daddy’s important, not you!” What a joke!

Now, Taiga has never been afraid a day in her life. From the moment of her birth, she’s never had reason to be afraid. Her days have been spent within the close protective circle of her family, first in the Tundra, then later on in Tephra. Her parents and even siblings have kept her close, and kept her safe. In her relatively short life, the most extreme emotion she’s ever had reason to experience is anger, and that anger had been born of jealousy and frustration, rather than fear.

So when Bruise first reaches out with his thin tendrils of fear, she doesn’t recognize the emotion. Through the haze of anger she realizes that she’s suddenly starting to feel a little more uncomfortable, but she doesn’t connect it with the emotion. Not yet.

She sneers at him openly as he announces his name and tells her, no orders her to say ‘please.’ She’s half tempted to walk away and not put up with this bullshit, but she can’t back down, not now. Not when she’s so close. “Taiga. And you can f-”

And then her stomach seizes in an iron grip. She shifts on the spot, confused and inexplicably nervous. She’s had her emotions manipulated before - her father can induce happiness after all - but she’s so unused to the emotion of fear that she doesn’t yet recognize it for what it is. She wants to hide all of sudden, get away from this asshole, but sheer stubborn pigheadedness keeps her hooves fastened to the blasted earth. “What the fuck?” She mutters under her breath. Is she sick or something?!
    Taiga
    frosty the snowman was a jolly happy soul …

Messages In This Thread
    shut up and let me go; bruise, any - by Taiga - 03-12-2017, 11:33 PM
    RE: shut up and let me go; bruise, any - by Taiga - 03-13-2017, 11:47 PM
    RE: shut up and let me go; bruise, any - by Taiga - 03-15-2017, 02:14 PM