• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you say your love for me has waned from the storm; any

well, I'm a lion in the haze and the lamb in the lightning
    oh, these spears and chains of flames around my neck are tightening

He did not need to wait long before something—no, someone—found him.

His rogue eyes glanced upward as the animal emerged from the shadows, as she stepped tentatively forward, considering him with those wolfish eyes. One corner of his mouth quirked upward as he watched her, unflinching curious, steady even as she shifted, as the long hair fell away and the limbs lengthened to reveal the emerald mare beneath the form. Another shifter. His lips quirked into a devilish smile.

“Do I look lost to you?” not a challenge, but a question he was instantly curious about. Did he look like he had wandered into here, unsure of where he was or what he was looking for? Alek had never really felt like that—not a day in his life. From the very beginning, he had been completely self-assured, holding the control in the palm of his hand. He had never considered that to others, he may look lost—look confused.

His strange-colored eyes sparked from beneath the sweep of his onyx forelock, mouth rogue as he smiled at her. “I was merely looking for a home,” he shrugged, glancing upward, his powerful throat revealed as he glanced through the twisting branches before looking down again. “I have never wanted one before, but I am entertaining the idea.” A pause as he studied her, unblinking focus, unashamed interest.

“Tell me, wolf-mare, do you live here?” If he was to decide upon a place, settle for longer than a night, he would at least need to know who he would be calling neighbors, who would be his adopted family.

He was blunt, confident as he turned his dual-colored eyes back to her, studying her intently.

“Would you recommend living here?”

Aleksandr

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you say your love for me has waned from the storm; any - by aleksandr - 03-17-2017, 08:52 PM