• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

looking for heaven found the devil in me; any

They came quickly, just as he thought they would.

He was greeted first by a bay appaloosa mare. Rodrik’s nutmeg colored eyes are quick to assess what physically lies before him. It was obvious that this resident, this mare, was pregnant with a child. Vulnerable and alone was a mistake and a force to not be reckon with the mare. Her gaze is fierce and straightforward—she meant business if something went off track.

Rodrik, though as muscular and likely seen as a threat here, was not caught off guard and easily to shy away from her bold stance. In fact, this stranger made him think of Brunhild. She would have acted the same. Perhaps it was the motherly duty that grew within when a strange life-like thing started to grow in you that made you act protective. Clearly, he was not here to cause trouble. If he had been he would not have made himself known so easily.

He is not a snake today, but a diplomat to find answers (and secrets).

“Hello,” he greets to the bay appaloosa mare. “I’m Rod-” He is cut off by the loud, yet soft against the sand, of hooves coming from the dense forest. A mare emerges from the jungle, quickly make her way towards him and the mare. The grulla dun mare is quick to make her assertion between him and the pregnant mare. Rodrik flicks his head to the right a little, not backing away when she holds her stance between him and the mare he was just speaking to.

Rodrik is quick to look her over. He is keen on ensuring that this was not about to get messy—and he just got here too! Ischia was becoming interesting by the moment, he decided. Then again, the rat hole he came from was rather dusty and boring lately. After examining the sweating, tense mare, he finds her simply a protective mare of this pregnant mare and island.

“Well,” he says boldly and with a simple chuckle once the mare addressed him, “I suppose we are not a friendly place here.” A simple idea he thought of and decided to share with the two mares. “As I was saying to the other mare,” he turns his gaze back to the bay appaloosa girl and then to Vida, “I am Rodrik from Pangea. I am simply visiting to see how this place fairs.” He then falls silent for a moment, turning his attention to the jungle border for a moment.

No one else came, thankfully.

Rodrik then flicks his attention back to the two mares. He still holding his stance, not offering to move. It was not as if he tried to come and declare this place his own, but if he was to be treated like a threat he might as well play a little along. “Would that be a problem?” A smirk draws across his lips, nutmeg eyes gleaming with a bit of mischief.
    character info: here | character reference: here | image © rostyslav zagornov

Rodrik actually does not have his undead or necromancy ability back yet Sad He is just a shiny red chestnut boy right now.

Messages In This Thread
    RE: looking for heaven found the devil in me; any - by Marlyn - 03-23-2017, 10:14 PM
    RE: looking for heaven found the devil in me; any - by Rodrik - 04-01-2017, 12:04 AM