• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE
    magnus

howling ghosts, they reappear
    in mountains that are stacked with fear

The first few come, and he smiled at them, glowing with pride at the way they assembled and hdld up the bones of this land. It was then that it hit him—the realization. He listened as they talked, as they stepped up, as they volunteered themselves. Tephra was strong. It had grown and blossomed; it was secure.

His gold-flecked eyes swept first to Ellyse, watching as her stomach curved with child, at the strength it took for her to bear it while still holding the title Head of War, her gaze fierce and immovable.

He glanced to Warrick, one of the newest members but certainly not the least of them. To the hope in his eyes and the way that he seeks a home, a way to give back. They would need more like him.

Amorette. His daughter, although not in flesh in blood. She had grown up to be so perfectly love, and he knew, even though it hurt to think of her, that Minette would be so incredibly proud of her.

Finally, he turned to Lucrezia. To a mare who had become confidant and friend and comrade. Someone who had worked alongside him as Tephra was in its infancy; someone who cared and toiled for this land.

And that realization became a glowing knowledge: he was no longer needed.

He smiled then, a soft laugh underneath his breath, as she shook his head, looking at all of them. “Tephra is in good hands with everyone here, and everyone who lives within her borders.” He nodded toward Lucrezia. “It has been an honor and a privilege to serve you all, but the time has come for someone else to bear the title of leader.” This time, he did not run from the crown; instead, he passed the responsibility of leadership proudly, carefully. He would not leave, but Tephra no longer needed him as its leader. They needed someone else, someone who could continue to guide them, to care for them as he did.

“Lucrezia, Tephra needs someone like you at the helm. Are you ready?”

but you're a king and I'm a lionheart

[Image: gqYjsHr.png]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 03-19-2017, 08:05 PM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by magnus - 03-25-2017, 08:12 PM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Ellyse - 04-01-2017, 01:12 AM
    RE: but you're a king and I'm a lionheart; EVERYONE - by Dahmer - 04-03-2017, 05:05 PM