• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva)
    Everything had changed so rapidly, Sirana had not been able to keep up. Beqanna's entire landscape had changed, then she had been separated from her brother by the herd stallion... she didn't even know where Aten was. The last she'd seen of him was the day Njenyi had chased him off the herd's land, out back toward the fields of Beqanna so he could go find his own home. The now grown mare had tried to leave and go find him, but Njenyi had not allowed it.

As of lately though, he seemed to have disappeared, so as soon as Sirana felt it was safe, she took the chance. She galloped away from the herd as fast as her legs could carry her, the maiden making good headway towards the Field. However, between the day Aten had left and now, in the present, it had been a long number of moons, over a dozen or more in fact, so that colt was by now a young stallion. Not the young face Sirana remembered him as.

Still, she had to take a chance. She'd asked around, seeing if any horse here recognized the description she gave of her little brother; a champagne colored stallion with brown eyes. Even though the champagne coat was a rare color among the horses of Beqanna, not including Sirana's entire family tree on her dam's side, no one recognized the description of Aten. Sirana spent three days among the cliques of horses in the Field, still continuing to ask, even heading out to the battlefield where some horses were licking their wounds after a spar. No one had seen him, or Nerius, whose only difference between himself and his younger brother were the colors of their manes and tails.

Sirana had not lost hope, but the ache in her heart grew with each passing day. Others had tried to comfort her by offering the location of two champagne mares, but Sirana knew who they were; her older sister Eiria, and their dam, Anahi. While she wished to go check on her dam and sister, Sirana wanted to try and find news of Aten and Nerius first. So, at the very least, if she got the chance to visit Anahi, she could tell her the fate of the two colts.

It was still early morning when Sirana decided to take a break from her searching. She didn't have the appetite to eat any of the grass, a fact that had yet to really show on the contours of her maiden body. It hadn't been long enough yet for the lack of food to show, except for the loud growling of her stomach. She wouldn't be able to eat anything really, not while she was still worrying for her brothers.

However, thirst was another story entirely. If she didn't drink anything, she would not be able to go on for much longer. It was that exact mindset that had pushed her yesterday to consume the minimal amount of grass she'd eaten to stave off her hunger.

Sirana headed for the waterfall she spotted in the distance, walking along absentmindedly as she thought of her family. She'd left a number of good friends when she departed Njenyi's herd land, and still had no info on the fate of her brothers. She suddenly wondered if her dam had received any news on the disappearance of Archam, the sire of all four of her foals. Was she still doing okay? Had she felt her heart breaking upon learning of the roan's fate?

While some herds contained a number of mares, along with a favorite, Sirana could tell the love between her parents had been genuine, if only for a short while before everything went to hell. She admired the bond they had with one another, whether it was based upon love that sprouted quickly, or something that grew and first manifested when Archam asked Anahi to be the lead mare of his now-defunct herd.

Sirana could only hope Anahi was doing okay. She was so absorbed in her own thoughts she only registered she'd arrived at the lake when she felt water coming up to her knees. Not caring about such a small thing, Sirana lowered her head, sticking her whole muzzle in the water for a moment before lifting it back out until her lips were at the water's surface. She took a nice, long drink, noting how the waterfall was spraying her with a light sheen of mist. Her mane and tail were turning soggy rather quickly, and her coat was darkening by a few shades.

But, she did not care. She only wanted a moment's rest before going back out to search for her brothers. Stepping out of the water, the mare shook her head to get rid of the water on her muzzle. Relaxing one of her back legs, Sirana lowered her head and let her brown eyes drift shut, welcoming the sweet sensation of sleep that had escaped her for so long now.

- x - x - x -

So I got a post up for this character because, even though Njenyi's other account Djinni is active, Njenyi's own has lacked activity for a long time. I wanted to get Sirana back into the swing of things, so I posted for her.

I contacted an admin but never heard a response back. I didn't wish to wait any longer, so, yeah, post. If I need to take it down, then that's fine, but please tell me first.

Also, I request for no Sylva horses to recruit her because, while I want her to go see her dam again, I'd like for Sirana to split from her family and live her own life again.

Messages In This Thread
    Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by Sirana - 03-26-2017, 12:46 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by Fox - 03-30-2017, 01:02 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by Sirana - 03-30-2017, 03:11 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by crota - 04-06-2017, 10:48 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by Sirana - 04-07-2017, 01:33 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by crota - 04-08-2017, 03:57 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by Sirana - 04-09-2017, 07:36 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by crota - 04-11-2017, 09:37 PM
    RE: Starting Over (Again) (No Sylva) - by Sirana - 04-12-2017, 12:57 AM