• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Wake Up
    Kovas' ears swiveled back as he noticed the large shadow that was cast over him. The shadow belonged to another stallion, just like him! Except this stallion was bigger and older. Way older. At first, Kovas thought he was like the others, offering pity and sympathy. Kovas doubted they understood what the colt had gone through, what it was like to learn about death at such an early age. Even the other foals didn't know what it meant. They all whined and kept asking the creatures when their mothers would return. They didn't lose their mothers, their mothers just didn't want them. But Kovas' mother wanted him, she gave her life for him. It wasn't fair, but after seeing mare after mare come into the den, he understood that she was older. That it was probably her time to go anyways. He still cried for her however.

But this stallion was different. He didn't offer pity, he wasn't sympathizing with Kovas either. That had caught his attention. The colt's ears swiveled forward once again, now curious of this equine before him. He looked into the stallion's ruby eyes, they were strange. His mother had brown eyes just like himself.

"I'm not lost." Kovas snorted, stomping a hoof into the ground. He curled his neck to make himself look bigger than he already was. The colt didn't expect to be complimented, however and quickly deflated him. "W...Why do I need to be taught about how to use my strength? I can already use it!" Kovas huffed, though nervous. With the proclamation, Kovas lifted his back legs and kicked at the air, accidentally hitting one of the creatures that was flying around. Once his hoofs met the ground again, he wobbled a little but still lifted his head proudly. He could take care of himself. Or so he thought.

"What kinds of stuff do you want to teach me anyways?" Kovas asked, ever cautious.

Messages In This Thread
    Wake Up - by Kovas - 03-26-2017, 03:52 PM
    RE: Wake Up - by Waylan - 03-26-2017, 07:16 PM
    RE: Wake Up - by Kovas - 03-26-2017, 10:35 PM
    RE: Wake Up - by Waylan - 03-27-2017, 03:21 PM
    RE: Wake Up - by Kovas - 03-27-2017, 04:27 PM