• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Spring in your step
    thought we built a dynasty
    that heaven couldn't shake

The girl gazes at the older mare intently and listens to her words. So she had wandered here as she was lost in thought. Degas thinks that this isn't quite typical of those who come here. And there it is, the question turns around and is directed back towards the younger in genuine curiosity. She starts to speak when another approaches, a stallion darker in color than Lucrezia. He introduces himself with a nod and Degas lilts the cornes of her mouth up in a sweet smile.

"I came here hoping to find a home," she answers. Even though the answer is rather obvious, every question deserves answering. She doubts anybody comes to this den to live out their life.

"I guess most foals are here either because their mothers don't want them or they have died." She tilts her head slightly as she thought about her mother again. "Mine was the latter."

She looks from the mare to Brennen and back again. Now there are two, from different places by the polite yet unfamiliar approach of the newer member of the tio. Degas is not very good at making decisions yet, something which she will have to learn. If both of these horses consider bringing her to their home, she doesn't know what she would decide, or even if she is old enough to make such a decision. The prospect of a maternal figure is attractive.

"I know little about this place, and nothing about where you come from," she says rather open-endedly. The girl does prefer a peaceful existence over violence. In fact, she can't imagine why anybody would think differently.
    degas
    immortal child

Messages In This Thread
    Spring in your step - by Degas - 03-26-2017, 07:39 PM
    RE: Spring in your step - by Lucrezia - 04-01-2017, 12:37 AM
    RE: Spring in your step - by Degas - 04-01-2017, 03:35 PM
    RE: Spring in your step - by Lucrezia - 04-02-2017, 11:32 PM
    RE: Spring in your step - by Brennen - 04-14-2017, 08:09 PM
    RE: Spring in your step - by Degas - 05-01-2017, 12:27 PM