• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm better off on my own (any)
    Arantha

If you believe it's in my soul I'd say all the words that I know

Ta ta Dearie, see you when you're older

It's the last thing she remembers about her mother, the last thing she remembers before being left behind in the care of the well meaning but distant fairies. Arantha had been left to fend for herself in the hopes she would become worthy of making her mother proud, but for now she was just a terribly lost and lonely baby girl.

Delicate legs lie curled beneath her baby soft body. Darker red fading and lightening into a near pink, with a fuzzy red mane between her ears. Her wide hazel eyes take in the adoption den with the sort of fearful curiosity that can only come with youth and childish reasoning. The cries of other lost children ring loud and shrill in her tiny ears as she attempts to understand why she had been left here. Soft grasses tickle her nose and legs as she struggles to rise on new legs, and after only three attempts she succeeds. Arantha does not cry out in fear or sorrow, does not whimper for the mother that never wanted her. Instead she takes her fate into her own hooves, to the best of her child's understanding.

She wobbles her way over to the nearest warm body, seeking the comfort of skin to skin contact and letting a warm, sunny smile fill her features.

"Hello! My name's Arantha, what's your name? I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, but I don't want to be alone anymore. So why do't we be best friends instead?"

Chestnut Roan|Filly|Arabian Hybrid

Messages In This Thread
    I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 03-31-2017, 01:24 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-01-2017, 05:10 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 04-02-2017, 01:18 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-02-2017, 02:02 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by Arantha - 04-02-2017, 02:39 PM
    RE: I'm better off on my own (any) - by tannor - 04-02-2017, 05:51 PM