• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Dancing on my Own (Any)
    Tyrna

Like a shadow dancing on the edge
    She doesn't notice the gold flash of his presence until his voice tugs her from her memories. As she shakes the daze from her eyes, she doesn't know if she should thank him or deck him at the interruption of the long gone memories playing on a reel in her head. Her glacial blue eyes flash to his and she hesitates before deciding on the former. A small smile pulls at the corners of her lips to match his own.

"Canaan," she rolls the name around like bourbon on her tongue before deciding it lacks a familiar flavor, "I'm Tyrna, it's a pleasure to meet you." She is guarded and the shadows of past haunts linger in the corner of her eyes and the planes of her lovely, baroque features, but she remains friendly. What good was it to linger on the pride in her mother's eyes when she returned home from her first excursion out of the Falls, or the lovely way the waterfall glinted like spun copper and gold in the setting autumn sun? They were good and beautiful memories, but bittersweet and painfully sharp, cutting her to pieces.

She pauses before responding to him further. He was a stranger, a calming presence, but a stranger none the less. She roves her gaze from the tips of his wings to the ends of his hooves, and deciding he isn't a threat for the moment, relaxes further into the cool waters swirling around her knees.

"What can I say? The river reminds me of home." Her smile threatens to grow a bit bigger at the thought. "What brings you out this way?"

Silver dapple sabino|Mare|Andalusian Hybrid

Messages In This Thread
    Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Tyrna - 03-31-2017, 05:09 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Canaan - 04-01-2017, 01:54 AM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Tyrna - 04-01-2017, 12:42 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Canaan - 04-01-2017, 03:17 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Tyrna - 04-02-2017, 12:56 PM
    RE: Dancing on my Own (Any) - by Canaan - 04-06-2017, 02:34 AM