• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Like a Rose in the Rain [Lucrezia]

Nymphetamine

Magnus had stepped down, the last ruling original founder had stepped down and Tephra was officially in a new age. It was an odd thing, being the final founding member of Tephra still around. Not to say that Offy, Isling, and maybe even Maliz were not still around, maybe even Topsail were still in the depths of the lands sitting back to watch while a new generation takes their vision to new heights. However Nymph had never reached the same height as the fellow founders, his friends, so he couldn’t sit back and watch, he wasn’t ready to sit back and retire.  If the blood bay hadn’t vanished into the darkness, hadn’t had a a quarter life crisis, then maybe it would have been him, maybe he would have been called to lead Tephra. But that was not his story, and he was not leader, it was not his time. No, it was time for him to work, and show his worth, and his time would come.

Right before the meeting Magnus had given him the rundown of their alliances and told him to talk to Lucrezia. He was more than willing to work his way up, but when Magnus handed off the “crown” so to speak he knew his tactics had to change. The bay had taken a walk in the forest to gather his thoughts and give Lu some time to adjust to her new role and decide what direction she wanted to take. Now, however, it was time to move, time to get to work, and he could only hope his new captain would agree.

The summer air was hot in Tephra, though what else would you expect in a volcanic land. The vegetation was beginning to grow crisp and yellow as the sun tried it’s best to burn the green flora of his home. It was his home, no matter how active he was, no matter if he came and went, Tephra was his home and he was glad to finally know that. The wind carried the slightest hints of sulfur from the volcano that day dormant beneath their hooves. He walked the lands keeping an eye out for the new queen-bee.  Eventually, he did find her and he approached, giving a slight bow of his head in greeting. Her tannish coat and feathered mane and tail gave her a natural earthy look, though if her personality matched her calm coloring-- well he had no clue. They had never met, not that he can recall, though that didn’t mean they hadn’t been in the same place at the same time. He had traveled all over Beqanna before and after the reckoning. There were few he didn’t at least recognize from before the reckoning from  Chamber, tundra, or the valley. And his travels looking for Kildare and Kimber took him across many lands and allowed him to meet many others. But any which way he but it, he was sure they didn’t know each other, other than maybe recognition.

”Lucrezia, I was meaning to find you before the meeting, but I feel it was good I didn’t, as things may be different now. Hopefully, you haven’t been too bombarded with favors and concerns in your first few days.” He paused and smiled, knowingly. He knew from his time beside Kildare that peace and quiet was really not a privilege that rulers often had. He paused to let her reply before getting into why he was here. ”I’m Nymphetamine, I wish to help strengthen our friendships, and keep the status quo with our enemies….” He smirked at that, before continuing. ”I once lead the diplomats in Chamber under Kildare, and would be more than glad to do so for you.” He was formal in his reply, but not too stiff. He had to feel her out first before he would joke with her as he as accustomed to doing.  

He was ready to get to work, he felt that things were really about to change among the lands, as the fae had come to them once more and told them so. That there was more, there was also rumor of a mutiny at Ischia. Tephra had to be prepared and he hopes to help them be at the forefront and not scrambling from their laurels.  Nymphetamine stood proud and ready… he just hopes she was ready to let him prove it.

Like a thorn to the Holy Ones

[Image: nymphetamine_zpsmlx48otf.gif]

Messages In This Thread
    Like a Rose in the Rain [Lucrezia] - by Nymphetamine - 04-01-2017, 06:58 PM