• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia
    There is something about the way that Lucrezia turns towards him, her laughter ready as always, that quickens the rhythmic thub thub of Dahmer's heart. She denies her new title modestly - truthfully, he had expected nothing else - but Dahmer offers her nothing more than a quick wink of a blue eye in response.

He had ruled once. He had yearned for the throne of the Subway, had spent years trying to convince his father that he was ready to wear the crown. But when he finally received it, it was not with his father's approval, but with his death. It had not been the coronation that Dahmer had wanted, had dreamed of, or had expected. The memory is still bittersweet, tinged with a combination of pride and of sorrow. Nevertheless, he had ruled with what could be considered success - the Subway had flourished, though perhaps with an air that resembled Pangea more than it resembled the supportive, caring family that is Tephra.

He has changed much since then.

I hope so, she confesses, and it brings the black beast back to the present. Dahmer reaches out with his muzzle, his heart still beating its rapid staccato, and gives the peafowl mare a gentle nudge at her shoulder. He can see the uncertainty in her eyes as he retracts. "You have already conquered our volcano. No one else has had the courage to match the way you stepped up to the peak with no hesitation. And you've already conquered the hearts of the many who call this place home," his blue eyes turn from her now, finding his own uncertainty as he quietly adds: "I was serious when I said I would follow you into the winter."

The snow, the lava, the hurricane, the tornado. It matters not to the black stallion, and as it begins to worry him, Dahmer finds that his mouth has grown quite dry. He clears his throat, warring internally. He had wanted, still wants, to say more, but how? He'd been attracted, obviously, to other mares in his lifetime, but never to this extent. Never with this much respect. And should he chance their friendship to tell her? Would she think he was only looking for another crown to place atop his head?

Dahmer breaks the silence, finally, giving into his fears and changing the subject abruptly, "I don't mean to overstep my role, and please tell me if I do, but I think it would be wise to make an ally of Nayl sometime soon. Her presence in Beqanna has grown exponentially since she took Nerine from Naga, and while she can seem abrasive, I hear she is a good and fair ruler."

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 04-03-2017, 05:54 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 04-05-2017, 05:38 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | lucrezia - by Dahmer - 04-20-2017, 04:01 PM