• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

hell is empty and all the devils are here (branka)

I Come Alive
    Beg forgiveness,
    With some words that mean nothing,
    Illusions like smoke in my breath.
    Her belly is swollen and her feet ache. Still she pushes on, wandering around the meadow in search of meager scraps of food. Since she left the Chamber, Branka had been wandering. Locked up in her head, a prisoner of her thoughts. She hadn't felt at home there anyway. The Chamber was a cruel mistress and Branka had never been very good at listening. She used to be a warrior, a guardian. Now she was little better than a broodmare. 

Looking back on what happened she would blame it on the way moonlight reflected off the curves of his body, or the way he tracked her like a predator. Either way here she was, alone in the meadow, pregnant, and scrounging for scraps. Her buckskin hide has lost it's sheen and the scars along her flanks and legs are buried beneath her winter coat. She feels a strange love and disgust for the creature gaining strength in her womb, she had always thought about being a mother but this wasn't quite what she expected. 

It is as she is ambling around in the snow that she spots him. The spot of darkness that filled her belly with life. She pauses debating on whether she should approach. She studies the way he gazes out over the meadow as if searching for something but with an arrogance that never quite leaves his eyes or stance. She lets out a deep breath and snort that turns to mist in the air and walks towards him. The metal man that changed her life.

"Hello"
    I come alive when I'm falling down

Branka | Warlander | Dapple Buckskin | Mare

Messages In This Thread
    RE: hell is empty and all the devils are here (branka) - by Branka - 05-29-2015, 11:25 AM