• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I'm Holding On... [Open]
    fuck all your dreams; they're not all they seem.

Romek found himself in the Field more often than usual. If he could have it his own way, he would never visit the Field at all… but. Here he was. His amber eyes watch the comings and goings of horses. And though the numbers in the Field were high, higher than he’d seen for quite a while, there was a dearth of horses who he considered worthy of approaching. He could not say why, but by looking he could tell that they would not be suitable for Taiga, and their land wasn’t starving for more members. They could afford to be at least somewhat picky.

It’s a mare with wings upon her back that catches his attention – chestnut, with flashy, colourful wings. They remind him of Lucrezia, a friend of his who had also lived in his old home before it got sunk into the ground.... He watches her for a moment, though a very brief moment is all it takes before he moves over towards her. There’s someone else who she reminds him of, too, in countenance – his own wife, Maribel.

Even with these associations, there is something about just her which draws him in. He stops a short distance away, gives his typical incline of his head towards both man and woman. He has no great spiel prepared, nor could he manage to pull off a nice speech (being firmly a warrior, rather than a wordsmith). And, at any rate, she was a stranger, even though she reminded him of others, and he ought to make sure she is a good fit for Taiga – it is not for everyone. It demands a certain kind of loyalty, of strength and perseverance….

”Hello there. My name is Romek. I’m from Taiga.” he turns to look at the other stallion, squinting his eyes a little bit. ”You remind me of someone.” he says, musingly, though he can’t quite place it.

Romek

Messages In This Thread
    I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 04-05-2017, 12:40 AM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by tannor - 04-05-2017, 12:59 AM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by Romek - 04-05-2017, 05:04 AM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 04-05-2017, 08:03 AM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by tannor - 04-05-2017, 02:16 PM
    RE: I'm Holding On... [Open] - by AuroraElis - 05-07-2017, 12:06 PM