• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kharon
    “I think I don’t know the difference. So I keep it to myself, like a secret. And I pretend I can’t do it at all.”

Oh. Ah hell, yeah, I know what he means, too. That whole good versus bad thing, it’s a tricky one. Takes time to learn, and you don’t always figure shit out as fast as you like. “Yeah. I guess I don’t worry a whole lot about it, to be honest. What’s good, what’s not. More now than I did when I was your age, that’s for sure. You figure it out as you go, mostly, or at least that’s how it was for me. If you’ve ever got questions about that, and your gut can’t answer ‘em for you, you can ask me, ‘kay, son? Or I mean you can ask your mom. Maybe she’d be better at that sort of thing, have a better answer. Either way, we’re here for you, yeah?

“And of course, son. Of course I’ll keep your secret. It’s yours to tell, not mine.” And it makes me all squishy and melty on the inside, that he trusts me with it, that we have a secret. Kind of makes me want to share a secret too, except I don’t really have any. Kind of a blurt it all out guy, saying whatever comes to mind without thinking if it was a good idea or not. So instead, I pull iron out of the earth, shape it into...hmm. I look the kid over, tilting my head a bit just so to consider him. The way he smiled when I called him gorgeous. The way he called the three of us beautiful, him and me and Kylin.

Okay, yeah. I can work with that, can make him something shiny and fabulous to draw the eye and celebrate his magnificence. Something graceful and strong, to drape around his neck, across his chest. Maybe even to rest between those gorgeous wings of his. For now, while I’m imagining it into life, I just pull a little extra iron into myself, subtly bulking out just enough to absorb the extra metal.

Kharon, his name is Kharon. “Good, strong name, that. Well, it’s damn nice to meet you, Kharon. I’m Kerberos, did I say that already? I think maybe I did, but who even knows? Kind of a moot point, I guess, since it’s not often you’ll need to use it. Also Kirby, people call me that, but I like Kerberos better.”

I pause, tilting my head and thinking for a moment. “You said Reilly? I might know him. Big guy, built, redhead, mostly white everywhere else? Got a gift for - well, you’re a kid, probably his party skills are a little age inappropriate or whatever, huh? Anyhow, thanks for telling me. But you know, it’d be okay if it was like that. If they were together. He’s a good guy, and smokin’ hot, and - right, damn, things I shouldn’t say to a kid. Balls. Look, my point is it’s all good, either way. Unrelated, d’you want a present?”

And then I pulled that extra iron out of myself, shaped it into some kickass jewelry for my kiddo, and grinned, waiting to see how he’d react to his new bling. Which just sorta took shape already on him, flowed off of me and drew on that mental blueprint I’d been working on and put itself together around Kharon’s neck.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    kharon - by Kerberos - 04-07-2017, 09:48 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 04-16-2017, 01:09 AM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 04-21-2017, 08:26 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 04-23-2017, 01:04 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 05-05-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 05-16-2017, 10:53 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 11:10 AM