• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kharon
    kharon
    Father seemed so wise, even when he was admitting that even he wasn't sure what was right and wrong sometimes. It sounded like a tricky thing, really. Kharon certainly hadn't been very good at it so far, but maybe he would learn as he goes like Daddy did. And he'd said he would keep Kharon's secret too, this mind-speak thing he can do! That was relieving because he decided he really didn't want anyone to know about it, not when it hurts others so deeply as it had hurt Mother. He didn't like to hurt people, be the cause of their pain.

Dad liked his name, and he beamed up at him proudly. Maybe Mother wasn't so bad with names like she thought, if Father liked it so much. Even if it was just a little dark, if anyone else knew where it had come from. He only knew because she'd thought it, and he has this mind-speak and all.

Kharon gasped and fluttered excitedly as Father described Reilly. "You know Reilly!? He's the greatest. I think he's sort of my Dad too, but also I'm not really sure how that works. He loves us though. I think he loves Mom too, but..." But she was maybe not very receptive to it lately. Yet? He didn't know. She thought of Father a lot more than they realized, perhaps, but he shouldn't say so. It always seemed to hurt people to know things that he hears. "But. Um." He gave a feeble, apologetic smile and shook his head, unable to think up some other way to finish his sentence just then. "I lose my train of thought a lot, sorry."

His distress was quickly replaced with excitement once again, though. Father was so good at that, making him instantly happy. "A present!? Yes, yes! Please! Oh, anything, I love it already!" He bounced in place with glee, smiling brightly at this man that was clearly the best person in the whole world. Anything at all from him would be the greatest, most treasured gift he would ever have, he just knew it.

And then there it was, a link of iron flowing from Father and around his neck. It shined and shimmered just as much as his dad did and he loved that! Now he could be metallic and beautiful too, even in this small way. It gleamed so wonderfully, catching little dapples of sunlight through the trees in the most captivating way. Curled so elegantly around his neck, it was like an intricate work of art by a master. Oh, but of course it was. He'd seen Mother's lace and this was just as eye-catching and glorious, and even had a fine medallion at the end, resting against his little chest so proudly.

"Wooooow," he exclaimed with such deep reverence. "This is so amazing, Daddy." He was just in absolute awe of it, so incredibly happy to have received such a wondrous thing. Kharon's eyes met his for just a moment before he buried himself into Father's chest. "Thank you! I love it so much." He pulled back to look down at it again, loving that he could be shiny like his father in this way, this little piece of him that would always belong to him, before he melted to his chest again and nuzzled his cheek into a strong shoulder.

"You'll stay here, won't you? And never leave? I don't ever want to lose you."
    Quotes are speech. Italics are telepathy

Messages In This Thread
    kharon - by Kerberos - 04-07-2017, 09:48 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 04-16-2017, 01:09 AM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 04-21-2017, 08:26 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 04-23-2017, 01:04 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 05-05-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 05-16-2017, 10:53 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 11:10 AM