• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kharon
    Heyyyy, he does mean my Reilly! Awesome! It’ll be good to catch up with him, and if he loves Lacey he’s got just as good of taste as I thought, so good on him. I’d expect no less. Kid trailed off when he was getting close to saying too much, maybe, or when things were a bit too complicated to explain. “‘Sokay, son. You don’t have to apologize to me for getting distracted. Or for keeping someone else’s secrets. It’s all good, kid.”

And he fucking loves the present, which of course puts a huge damn smile on my face. Lights up before he even sees it, and then the awe on his face when I give him the sorta necklace. “You’re welcome, Kharon. I’m glad you like it.” I wrap him up in a hug, and if maybe I’m marveling at how good it feels to hold my kid in my arms, well, he’s the only one who’s gotta know, yeah? I can’t help the grin, and I fuss a little with his mane, still baby scruffy and adorable, and nuzzle his withers and between his wings. “You’re pretty amazing yourself there, buddy.”

“You’ll stay here, won’t you? And never leave? I don’t ever want to lose you.”

Ah, kiddo. I smile and pull back a little to look him in the eye. “Hey, now. Nothing to worry about, you’re not losing me anytime soon, okay? I can’t promise I’ll stay put and never leave. Change, that’s part of life. You’ll grow up, and you’ll change too, and that’s okay. But even if I leave, I’ll always come back for you, as long as I’m alive and you want me around, got it?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    kharon - by Kerberos - 04-07-2017, 09:48 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 04-16-2017, 01:09 AM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 04-21-2017, 08:26 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 04-23-2017, 01:04 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 05-05-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kharon - 05-16-2017, 10:53 PM
    RE: kharon - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 11:10 AM