• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kylin
    I don’t have to wait long. Even if I did, I’m having too much fun to mind. It’s been a long damn time since I let loose and played on the water, longer than I care to remember. Before everything with Ty, before Lacey. God, has it really been so long? But before I’m even anywhere near tired, I spot a flash of lavender and white on the shoreline. Not too hard to guess, my little scamp was right about where to find his sis. Soooo I ignore the nervous flutter going on in my insides and turn my frolic toward shore. And okay temper it some, so I’m a little less likely to scare the poor girl off.

In fact, by the time I reach her, I’m just walking casually across the water, not even my usual saunter. Almost sedate, for me. She’s standing on the shore, and I stop in front of her, lowering my head to meet her eyes. “Hey there,” I say, stretching a little closer to taken in her scent, to breathe her in. My daughter. She’s a pretty little thing, Kharon was right about that. Some of her mom in the shape of her face, her eyes, the curve of her little ears. Her color though, that's all me. Splashed with soft purple and white, looking just like I would without the iron base.

“You’re Kylin, right? I’m Kerberos. Most people call me Kirby though. I’m not sure why, I mean who would name their kid Kirby? Weird name, if you ask me, but it’s what everyone seems to settle on, so here we are. You can call me that if you like. Or...I mean, if you want to, you can call me Dad. That would be fine by me. I mean, I am. Your dad. Just, I’ll understand if it takes more than that to deserve the title, yeah? Call me what you want. I’d like to get to know you, if that’s okay with you.”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    kylin - by Kerberos - 04-07-2017, 10:13 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-08-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 04-09-2017, 10:13 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-14-2017, 03:19 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 04-21-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-22-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 05-05-2017, 01:29 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 05-13-2017, 11:43 AM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 11:23 AM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 05-27-2017, 02:07 PM