• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

kylin
    She seems like a sweet little thing, my daughter. Soft and gentle, which makes me nervous as hell. The world isn’t nice to soft and gentle things, and turns out I hate the thought of her getting hurt. She brushes her little muzzle against my nose, against the corner of my lips, and hell if it doesn’t coax a smile out of me. I don’t push, don’t cuddle up close and drag her into a hug or anything, even if there’s a hell of a lot of appeal to the thought. Not yet. Waaay too soon for that, when I’m basically a complete stranger. So a couple of quiet little touches will do for now. Someday maybe we’ll have that kind of casual, carefree affection, but for now I can be happy with letting her set the tone.

I’m talking too much. I can see it in her eyes, a look I know damn well. Not glazed over, exactly. She’s listening, she’s paying attention, she cares, but I’ve seen it often enough to recognize the okay too many words, find the important ones and focus on that look even on a face I’m still learning. So I make a conscious effort to take it down a notch. “I like Kharon too. And yeah, I love walking on the water. It’s one of my favorite things. D’you want to come play on the water with me, Kylin?”

I smile at her, a roguish little grin that invites her to come join me, to have a little fun, kick up her heels a little. And then I pick up one of my shiny metal hooves, stomp the water, and make a nice big splash. Careful, of course, to aim at least most of it away from her. Just a little of it heads her way, easy enough to dodge if she’s not in a playful mood. But just in case, I gather myself to scamper backwards out onto the water. Come and get me, kiddo. If she’s up for it, I’ll have a nice playful splash fight with my baby girl. And if not, well, we can always have a nice little meander along the surface of the sea.

It’s still something that’s ours. Something she got from me, something I can share with her that so few others can. And damn, that feels good.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    kylin - by Kerberos - 04-07-2017, 10:13 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-08-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 04-09-2017, 10:13 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-14-2017, 03:19 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 04-21-2017, 07:59 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 04-22-2017, 03:08 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 05-05-2017, 01:29 PM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 05-13-2017, 11:43 AM
    RE: kylin - by Kerberos - 05-21-2017, 11:23 AM
    RE: kylin - by Kylin - 05-27-2017, 02:07 PM