• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

break some bread for all my sins | ellyse
    Dahmer hadn't disliked the night during his reign of the Subway, but it had certainly made navigating his territory laborious. The dark caverns of his underground maze had been just that - dark. Even during the day, had he wanted to gather his congregation, the black beast had been forced to call them all to the atrium of the subway station, or to the large main cavern, where the tunnel had collapsed and had, over time, disintegrated into a large ceiling-less meeting area.

He had loved it, though. His Subway. There had never been a foe to learn the secret underground pathways like he and his herd had done. They had been a formidable group, full of misfits and creeps and headstrong Hellhounds, and they'd always had the home field advantage. Raids against them had been attempted - though they were few and far between - but not once had they lost their brothers or sisters or friends to the likes of Dog-face or Babylon.

Despite his nostalgia, however, the black beast has grown to love Tephra. Night time in Tephra, especially. The dark sky is alight with an unfathomable number of stars, but it's the soft contours of the earth that are truly breathtaking. The glowing streams of lava intermingle and illuminate the path of whoever has decided to explore after sundown, interrupted only by the more meadow-like areas that are called home by the longer grasses.

Dahmer stands quietly, surrounded by a few thinner streams of lava that radiate light and heat onto his legs and chest, and his icy blue eyes are closed so that he may better appreciate the warmth of his surroundings and the natural sounds of Tephra's night. Only when his ears twitch instinctively at the dull sound of leisurely approaching hoof steps does the stallion flutter his eyes back open to find the source.

Ellyse is easy to recognize with her champagne coat and her feathered wings, though Dahmer has yet to be properly introduced. They had both been busy under the rule of Magnus and that had not changed following the coronation of Lucrezia,
     but he has heard and seen enough of her to know that she is a terrific asset to the Tephra family. "Ellyse. What brings you out tonight?"

He allows a warm grin to find his lips before playfully adding, "I heard you've been busy, ruffling the feathers of Pangea."

D A H M E R
    break some bread
    for all my sins

Messages In This Thread
    break some bread for all my sins | ellyse - by Dahmer - 04-08-2017, 02:35 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | ellyse - by Ellyse - 04-18-2017, 11:35 AM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | ellyse - by Dahmer - 04-20-2017, 04:34 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | ellyse - by Ellyse - 04-25-2017, 09:26 PM
    RE: break some bread for all my sins | ellyse - by Dahmer - 05-02-2017, 08:08 PM