• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Honour Him [Devin Poneh!]

the brightest lights cast the darkest shadows

For a moment, listening, Natilyn wonders if Pevensie has ever met Brennen. For a moment she indulges a fanciful thought – wondering if there’s some sort of league of protectors for the Falls. Those who live in other places but have given a piece of their heart to the Neutral Kingdom. Maybe they get together and discuss how best to mysteriously protect the waterfall Kingdom. Maybe she can join them. She doesn’t know that there is another link between Brennen and Pevensie – but Neraza is there, somewhere, under the skin of these strange relationships. Neraza had been the Falls, and the Falls had been Neraza; they were an inseparable thing.

“The Falls has that hold on some,” she says quietly, a sad smile on her face. “I was born there, too. I was Queen, for a short time. But some of us are not made to stay forever.” she turns brown eyes on Pevensie and wonders what drew such a loyal soul away from the Falls, but she does not ask. But the solemn thoughts have affected her mood and her color fades, leaving behind the spring-bright blue and green and taking instead a comfort color, her first color change, the changing and beautiful colors of their beloved waterfall. And she considers the question.

“I’m in love,” she laughs, a fond laugh, and it’s as much an answer as anything else. “I was willing to sacrifice what I was born with, to stay in the Falls. But I can’t ask him to do it. And he would never ask me to go back to his home, to the Deserts, and have the Falls just out of my reach.” He had lived on the edge of the Falls for many years, never committing himself enough to lose his powers, never forgetting the Deserts, but staying for her. Watching him do that had been killing her slowly – a quiet guilt. “So we wander, Mikhael and I, but Nairne wanted the Falls again, so I have come to bring her home.”

She turns again to study the face, the unfamiliar face that resonates within her for no reason she can name. “Too late for what?” she can’t help the curiosity.

and that's where I'll be found
    NATILYN
    barret x nylee

Messages In This Thread
    Honour Him [Devin Poneh!] - by Pevensie - 05-27-2015, 02:55 PM
    RE: Honour Him [Devin Poneh!] - by Natilyn - 05-31-2015, 02:41 PM
    RE: Honour Him [Devin Poneh!] - by Pevensie - 06-06-2015, 02:05 PM
    RE: Honour Him [Devin Poneh!] - by Natilyn - 06-08-2015, 11:41 PM
    RE: Honour Him [Devin Poneh!] - by Pevensie - 06-21-2015, 03:50 PM
    RE: Honour Him [Devin Poneh!] - by Natilyn - 07-03-2015, 09:39 PM