• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

call me the world's sexiest killing machine
    Ugh. Fuck. Fine, okay, so. Maybe there’s more to being a man than getting the fuck out of dodge the second it’s clear which way the wind’s blowing. Not that I regret it, mind. I got Lacey and the kids away to safety, tucked them away somewhere out of my father’s reach. Or at least as far out of reach as anything ever was for the winged bastard. Just when I think the past is finally left in the past, he manages to show up and prove me wrong.

So.

If he’s never going to be truly out of my life, I might as well own it, make the damn terms. So I get my weird little family tucked away safe, leave Reilly in charge, and head on out for a goddamn parley. I may not want anything to fuckin’ do with him, but it’s more important that me and mine are safe than that I’m comfortable with how much distance there is between me and whatever’s left of Silver Cove.

Which is clearly far more than I thought.

I make my way around the back, walking across the water just because I can. Just because I love to, and maybe as a little bit of a fuck you. Except when I get there, the place is dead. No signs of life, or at least not of my species. The usual island wildlife, sure, but there’s no sign of the Kirinvasion. I take my time, make a thorough sweep of the island to make completely sure. Even stick around for a few days in case they what, turned around and went on a bloody vacation after staging a hostile takeover?

Nothing.
    Fucking weird.

Fine. That’s cool. Got bored and decided he didn’t want the island if nobody else did, did he? Would’ve thought it was enough like the Cove that he’d make himself right at home, but here we are. Maybe the island itself told him to fuck off and die, and if so well then frankly it’s an island I still want to be a part of.

So I head back to my family, to let them know the (tentative) good news. We can go home.
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    call me the world's sexiest killing machine - by Kerberos - 04-12-2017, 04:11 PM