• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

baddie, whole family (kali birth thread!)
    Well that was a trip. As much as I love a nice, rousing adventure, it’s good to be home. Home, imagine that. Never thought I’d be saying it, that’s for damn sure. My Lacey’s got to be close to having our baby, and if our gorgeous twins are any indication, this one’s going to be magnificent. We make damn impressive kiddos, me an’ Lacey. My son’s a delightful little scamp, and my daughter’s a soft, sweet little thing still needing a little coaxing to come into her own. A little lost in her brother’s shadow, I think, but she’ll grow into herself. Just needs a bit of time. And I aim to make damn sure she gets exactly that.

Anyhow.

Settled back in, and now seems like a good time for a bit of a wander. A brief one, mind, Lacey’s due to pop any minute now and I’m not gonna miss this kid’s grand entrance into the world. But part of keeping my family safe is doing the routine patrolling thing, and also I just fucking love my little island and enjoy roaming its lush forests and sandy beaches, tromping across the springs just to have a nice splash and a frolic, chattering back at the parrots hanging out high in the trees.

Home.

Somewhere near the middle of the island, up where the land starts to look a little mountainous and shapely, I stumble across some cozy-looking little caves. Well not literally stumble. Far too graceful for that, and all. I more wander in their general direction, yeah? I poke around some, peeking into a couple of the sweet little caves, or not even really caves so much as little sheltered bits in the rock surface, divots and dips and what, cavities? Who even knows, cave is good enough, and I pop my head into a few of them just to see what there is to see.

And as it happens, one of them isn’t quite empty.

“Whoa. Hey. Hi there.” Yes, well done, Kirby, very eloquent greeting there. “Uh. I’m Kirby. Kerberos, but I mean. People call me Kirby, pretty much everybody for some reason. You okay there, kid? You’re lookin’ a little...you know, alone. And maybe a little hungry, huh?” He’s a cute little thing, all purple and shades of reddish-brownish-gold. Kinda looks a little like me, a little like Lacey, but with Reilly’s red thrown in. Or like one of Daddy Dearest’s rejects, though why he’d be rejecting a kid with wings and a hint of a horn on his tiny forehead, hell if I know. “You got a name there, kid? Your parents around somewhere?”
    Bite my shiny metal ass.

Messages In This Thread
    baddie, whole family (kali birth thread!) - by Kerberos - 04-14-2017, 11:58 PM
    RE: baddie - by Badden - 04-17-2017, 07:31 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kerberos - 04-30-2017, 04:30 PM
    RE: baddie - by Badden - 05-04-2017, 06:01 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kerberos - 05-14-2017, 09:19 PM
    RE: baddie - by Wallace - 05-17-2017, 03:56 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kharon - 05-17-2017, 03:57 PM
    RE: baddie - by Kali - 05-20-2017, 12:58 PM