• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

how original a sin; circinae
    my corrupt nature is empty of grace;
    bent unto sin, and only unto sin;
    and that continually.

She hunts.
    She does not always hunt – though she is much more predator than prey, it is not an all-consuming thing – but today she wakes hungry, wakes full of wanting and the need for warmth.
    Such a strange thing, my corpse masterpiece – the wreckage of beauty, a sort of terrible, plastic perfection to her. All this, of course, well-marred by her terrible, lurching gait, by the way she is cool to the touch, like a thing fresh-dead. She is not quiet as she comes through the forest, twigs snapping underfoot, leaves rustling at her feltlocks. She has no stealth – shocking, for a hunter – and she draws eyes, ones that linger, tracing the curves of her with a lurid appreciation, but eyes that turn when she meets theirs, when she unveils the fever-brightness there, the madness laughing in her eyes, a parasite nestled dark and wretched in the pupil.

She is looking for something, but she can’t define it. She never can, only knows she woke with a gnaw in her belly and a restlessness in her feet.
    There is a noise like a whip-crack, and then, a figure – a woman.
    A gift, proffered.
    My corpse queen smiles, a grin that belongs on something dead and rotting.
    “Hello,” she says, “I’ve been waiting for you.”

chantale
    how original a sin.

(if you want me to edit any of this lmk <3)

Messages In This Thread
    how original a sin; circinae - by chantale - 04-15-2017, 03:27 PM
    RE: how original a sin; circinae - by Circinae - 04-16-2017, 09:16 PM
    RE: how original a sin; circinae - by chantale - 05-07-2017, 08:43 PM