• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

the c r o o k e d youth {any!}

You never forget the smell of blood, acrid at first, as though dry, barren, then metallic and tastes like rust, a little salty, a little bitter but very, very metallic. The scarlet life-force that ran through us all, it was bittersweet, tainted by lies, tarnished by sin. Everyone could deny it but everyone who walked this world, walked hand in hand with one sin or another. I was no saint, I was not as innocent as my curious eye gave way, and I do believe that is what Chantale had seen; behind my facade, my masquerade mask, lurked a delicious sin, even more tastier than the first time, but never as nice as the last.

They say love conquers all, they say the fluid, yet selfish emotion will end the suffering of many, but in turn will also make many suffer. Some people give everything for the ones they love, including their life, but the moment they see that pool of blood gaining, creeping like a blossoming rose at their feet, they immediately lose interest. Life was like that, pawns come and go, knights tackle problems and come out victorious, before always being captured my the queen. Right now, in this chessboard game, I was quite settled just behind this ghostly phantom, she was a regal queen with a mind as dark as mine, with labyrinths unsearched and treasures undiscovered.

'Depending, who's heart shall I steal?' my voice is a distant lullaby in a far off peak of a haunted castle, soft, melodious, with an icy touch. I slither closer, my black frame ink against her grey. Like inky letters written a eulogy upon parchment paper, we fit quite well, I believe. I question, an inked ear swivelling, catching her words like cobwebs to a tentative fly.

'It is always more intriguing when you take from someone who leasts expects it.' as if I need to tell my dearest ghostly queen that, just looking at her deadened eyes, that fill me with electric shocks and a vivid heartbeat, I'm sure she's seen as many as I could possibly imagine. 'I'll be your pawn in this game of life, Chantale. Tell me, do you have anyone who's heart will look a glamorous trophy around your neck?' because I bet, surely, that scarlet is definitely her colour, it will bring out the deathly paleness in her skin, perhaps bring a bit of warmth to her icy bones, her frozen veins. I extend my muzzle out, touch her ice body, a sure sign of commitment. I'd do anything right now, anything and everything.

'There's nothing like the sound of broken hearts, is it really music to the ears?'

Messages In This Thread
    the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 05-28-2015, 05:23 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 05-28-2015, 05:56 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 05-29-2015, 01:44 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 05-29-2015, 09:44 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 05-29-2015, 10:12 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 06-01-2015, 10:51 AM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 06-01-2015, 02:40 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 06-03-2015, 03:07 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 06-03-2015, 04:23 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by chantale - 06-04-2015, 01:45 PM
    RE: the c r o o k e d youth {any!} - by Nykeln - 06-04-2015, 02:15 PM