• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan
    Jinju met his questioning glance with a shake of her head. No, Reagan had not been there. Again. "I didn't notice her, but I'll keep looking for her," she promised her new sister. He knew of at least once that she had already gone in search of Reagan, and there could have been more times that he hadn't been aware of. Still, her mother would not show herself. Had it been him, he would have demanded to see his children. He certainly wouldn't have stood idly by watching them cry out in search for him and choosing to let them agonize over whether he was okay or wonder if he loved them anymore.

But then. It seemed he had higher standards when it came to family and commitment.

He ground his teeth in annoyance and frustration, his eyes glinting icy and bright, but said nothing on the matter. Reagan would make her own choices and have to live with the consequences of her own making. It wasn't his job to protect her from herself.

His gaze returned to Enfys, and she looked up at him again as he lowered his head to her level. She didn't answer him though, didn't acknowledge anything he'd said to her. His head tilted as he straightened a little, dark brows tugging together in puzzlement. She didn't have problems hearing, had heard him and responded previously. She had chosen not to answer. Why? Instead, she stumbles over her own question.

"Are you... Are you really my father?"

Now was not the time for lessons, or perhaps he would have ignored her as she had done. Not unkindly, but fairly. He was firm, but always fair, as Jinju herself had learned a number of times. "I am if you so choose," he responded instead, genuinely hoping that she would. After all, being a father was far more than conceiving a child and it was up to her if she would allow him to be in her life as he wished to.

"I hope you understand that our initial shock in you being here is not in any regard to not wanting you. We would love to have you here. I would love to have you here, and have the chance to know you." He stole another glance at Jinju, uncertain if he should continue, but decided to press on as he returned to Enfys, choosing his words carefully. He would never speak ill of their mother to her children. Or, he supposed, to anyone.

"For whatever reason, your mother hid her pregnancy. We weren't aware that you existed or I would have come for you far sooner." His voice hardened with truth. He never would have kept away from his daughter if he had known of her. It shredded him up inside knowing how much of her life he had been forced to miss already. He didn't want to miss a moment more.

"But yes," he said softening, reaching the dark of his muzzle toward hers. "You have my strange color, and my pattern. I think its safe to conclude that you are mine. Come, we'll find you a place you're most comfortable with to have as your own. If you'd like to stay."

Messages In This Thread
    Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Jinju - 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Ruan - 04-30-2017, 03:05 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Enfys - 04-30-2017, 11:11 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Jinju - 05-10-2017, 06:05 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Ruan - 05-14-2017, 02:37 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Enfys - 05-18-2017, 10:28 AM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Jinju - 05-29-2017, 01:16 PM
    RE: Burn baby burn - Enfys Ruan - by Ruan - 05-31-2017, 05:55 PM