• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Will you catch me if I fall? [Maugrim]

He feels himself becoming stronger; slowly becoming more confident in his craft. The water was slowly beginning to bend itself to him. He relishes the day that with a simple look or breath he can make the water do his every whim and wish. It would become his cloak to hide from the world, as well as his weapon for destruction. As he stood nearly chest deep in the thriving and breathing waters of the shadowed world of Pangea, he only wishes that day would come sooner.

His pale mane and forelock cling desperately to his face and neck, dripping with seawater. The briny air bites his skin as the breeze shifts, winds of winter flowing from the ocean. He snorts, his pale eyes looking up at the murky clouds above him. He had almost forgotten her, but she made her presence known with a voice that was soft, but made Maugrim’s skin crawl. He tosses his head; able to keep himself planted for the moment even though the strength of the tide pulls against him. A scowl finds his the evergreen of his muzzle, lowering his head slightly and ears falling to the side, bored with her words. “It takes a lot of skill,” he responds, his gaze looking everywhere but at her own. “Only those who are strong enough can wield the power of the elements.” Still young, Maugrim had his own ideas about his power and to him, his ability was what made him stand above the rest.

She speaks again and he finds the sadness in her voice soothing. He lifts his head slightly, stretching his neck and rolling his shoulders casually. He almost ignores her, but he does not wish to leave the ocean any time soon and it appears that she doesn’t want to leave either. With an exasperated sigh and a slight eye roll, he adds: “I’m sure you’ll figure it out, a smart girl like you.” He snorts and peers at her from the side of his eyes. It had to be water, didn’t it? She couldn’t have any other element? His lips ripple as the scowl on his face deepens – what a clueless little girl.

Maugrim continues to watch the ocean as it stirs menacingly, twisting and sucking at his legs desperately. The sheer power and strength of the water kept him there, attracting him to it like a moth to a flame. “What else do I need to know about this place?” he asks, his voice ice against the unforgiving wind.

m a u g r i m.

@[Azazelle]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Will you catch me if I fall? [Maugrim] - by Maugrim - 05-10-2017, 06:49 PM