• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

stillwater;
    Stillwater
    She looked to the exit, her mind a little too distant for his liking.

"Perhaps," she whispered, turning back to him. His mouth drifted closer, closer to that seductive curve of shoulder, his breath warm against her skin. Mmm, he loved the heat rising from her, reaching for him. Wanting him.

Doesn't it affect her? Being so near to each other again. Did she miss it? Hadn't it been the two of them from the start? When he'd returned to Nerine just as the castle fell, as he'd predicted it would. He watched her challenge for her crown, and win it. Stood behind her rise to power, comfortably in the background until she was blatantly disrespected by her own people. And now they were here again, alone together again. So close it was pulling at him. Was that her pulse ticking just a little quicker?

Or his?

The fire of her eyes locked to the deepwater of his, practically hissing with steam every time they met this way. With a hunger driving him closer, and a perfect smile arching flawless lips, water slipping silently down his sides, dripping from his curled hair.

"You've hurt some women."

Have I, he asked absently, his deep voice low and smooth as his eyes traced down her face. Did she mean their hearts, or the taste of them? His Luster was gone, and he doubted Nayl knew of her. Wasn't coming back, a truth that irritated the dark spirit in him to a tight anger, pushing on him from the inside, expanding and expanding and barely contained. Frustrated with himself. For letting her go? For not killing her? For not keeping her? Didn't matter.

Dark blue gaze explored her cheek, her attractive mouth, her tasteful lips. Did it bother her that she was taken now? Claimed by some man. She'd never wanted that for herself before. Could she even sense his-- No, that didn't matter either.

And then the others. He shouldn't even have to wonder if she meant his craving. They should never have lived for it to even be a flicker of thought in anyone's minds. You bite, you kill. That was the way it worked. And yet he'd broken that for so many as of late. Remedying that meant he'd have to kill Djinni. Have to kill Luster. Have to kill Karaugh. Although undoubtedly delicious, none of that sounded all that appealing to him. Not yet.

"I wonder how well you are able to tolerate pain. If you can handle repercussions."
    He stared at those lips as they snaked into something dark and dangerous. Back to the threats, then, was it? Lazily, leisurely, his gaze slowly wandered back up her face to her fire-eyes again. His mouth slowly curved into it's own smile, decidedly sweeter than hers, softer. Nayl.. he whispered, a familiar heat in his eyes despite the fact she was threatening him. He gravitated a single step closer, but stopped.

His expression blanked and his eyes dimmed as he searched her face silently. Whatever they once had seemed to be withered and gone, dried up and crushed to dust. It was a long moment before he took a small, deliberate step back, opening himself. So you've come to hurt me then, he stated quietly. Not a question. She had made it clear enough, hadn't she? There was nothing left between them, and she hadn't come for politics. She'd come for this, to hurt him. Punish him for things she believed he did, and it probably didn't matter what he said on the matter.

So he waited for it to come.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    stillwater; - by Nayl - 04-27-2017, 06:40 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 04-30-2017, 05:22 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-10-2017, 08:46 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 05-14-2017, 01:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-21-2017, 04:40 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 05-23-2017, 09:30 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Nayl - 05-31-2017, 10:01 PM
    RE: stillwater; - by Stillwater - 06-10-2017, 11:57 PM