• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ivar
    Azar
    He stepped back as she did and opened the way for her like a silent peace offering to her instincts. It surprised her, but she tried not to show that she had noticed it. Her head rose just a little, more at ease though still cautious. She would always be cautious, raised as quietly wild as a fawn or hare.

”From the Taiga?” he asked, and she nodded with a carefully soft smile.

He tilted his head when she spoke of Siberian. She wasn’t really sure why. Was there something odd about having a bear for a daddy? She didn’t look anything like him, and certainly wasn’t a bear. Maybe that’s what confused him. It could be a tricky detail, she supposed. She hadn’t really ever thought of it. There were many things that she simply just accepted as normal, content that it always seemed to work out in some way.

She nearly startled when he laughed, but only because she hadn’t been expecting it. It was confident and loud, but happy and beautiful. The sort of laugh that had you smiling along even if you were the butt of the joke. Contagious, infectious. And naturally she was smiling, even as he claimed there were no wolves in this forest, Sylva. Perhaps that was why it was so quiet here.

”It’s just me. Maybe a bit of a fish,” he offered. Her dark nose scrunched up in puzzlement and she looked him over with bright, green eyes. Are you certain? she asked skeptically. He didn’t look much like a fish. She supposed he did smell a bit like water, though, but still not very fishy to her. Maybe he was joking. It would be such a strange jest, though.

I'm just me, she said with a stretch of her wings, as if spreading arms to display her simple figure. It wasn't much, probably. She assumed she wasn't much to look at, anyway. She couldn't be sure, though, as she often felt like a bit of an outcast and kept to the forest. The woodland creatures were the best friends she could ask for, even if they couldn't talk back to her. Just the wings, she added. She thought better of mentioning that she had never learned to use them. Best that he assumes she can escape in case she was wrong about him.

Have you lived here your whole life? This is the first time I've left the Taiga, but I wasn't born there. Daddy found me in a different forest. We lived alone there for a while before he found the Taiga and took me with him. Had she really spoken so many words at once? She was such a quiet, reserved girl by nature. He had a way about him that disarmed her, and she peered at him a little skeptically again.

Messages In This Thread
    ivar - by Azar - 04-30-2017, 10:32 PM
    RE: ivar - by Ivar - 05-04-2017, 12:35 PM
    RE: ivar - by Azar - 05-17-2017, 06:30 PM
    RE: ivar - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 09:33 AM
    RE: ivar - by Azar - 05-27-2017, 10:09 PM
    RE: ivar - by Ivar - 06-04-2017, 03:03 PM