• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Is this how it was meant to be? Amet; any
    if there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes

Amet is near enough to see the way the filly presses her muzzle to the colt's moist cheek, causing him to wonder if they had agreed to meet here, in the Lake, away from whatever tethers may keep them apart. His lips twitch into a small smile at their interaction, but his amber eyes are pulled once again to the metallic sheen of the girl's coat. For a brief moment, he thinks of Iset and Sakir, playing in the rolling hills of sand that made up the Dunes.

Iset's laughter echoes in the scorching sunlight, her stance low and playfully aggressive as she circles her twin. She is egging Sakir on again, Amet can see, but the young boy isn't rising to the bait. He rarely does. He knows that Iset's loud laughter will draw Him nearer, and her twin brother is already anxious for the interaction.

Sakir is not wrong -- He has already heard the disturbance in the Dunes' quiet, and He has already begun his trek towards the children. Amet can smell Him before either of his younger siblings can, and the colt is swift to near them, his lips drawn into a grim line. 'We need to go,' demands Amet, but Iset will have none of it, as usual.

'I'm not afraid of Him, Amet,' she hisses, but now it is too late for them to hide, anyway.

Amet shakes his head, the memory disappearing into past, where it belongs. His mouth is dry now, but his attention is back on the young pair before him. The metallic filly has yelled his name, almost as if she is familiar with him, and his smile (while forced) grows a bit larger. The young boy, who the girl has made a point of introducing, also smiles but is less enthusiastic. "I suppose that breathing underwater isn't something that I could ask you to teach me, is it, Ivar?" The dragon-king winks at the still-dripping colt before flicking his amber gaze back to the filly. "And you, girl-who-is-not-a-fish? What is your name?" he inquires cheerfully.

"Are you, by chance, from the Dunes?" he tries to ask casually, but ends up sounding quite worried.

Amet

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Is this how it was meant to be? Amet; any - by Amet - 05-28-2017, 01:21 PM