• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I Really Have Missed You [Chemdog]
    Following their reunion in the meadow some time ago, Sreva had willingly followed the black stallion to the new piece of territory in the River he'd staked a claim on. Or at least, where he was residing for now. The River kingdom didn't seem to be fully established yet, more like a gathering of horses that had yet to find a more permanent home.

Not that Sreva was complaining about her living situation; the River was quite a peaceful place, with its large amount of trees, including the large one she'd seen just yesterday when she was out exploring the kingdom's land with Neoma.

The roan mare had followed Sreva here, under the guise that she wanted to see what this place was like. Apparently, she'd been to several territories in Beqanna's land, but none had suited her fancy or told her it would make a good place to call home. So she'd kept moving on, until that day when Sreva spotted her in the Meadow after reuniting with Chemdog. Neoma originally didn't want to come along, thinking that the stallion would try and force her to stay as others years before had. Though Sreva knew what he was like, she assured her friend that while Chemdog could be a bit of the 'in-your-face' type, he wouldn't keep Neoma here against her will, unless she did something to really piss him off.

And, knowing her friend, Neoma might do that by pure accident. So, with a warning to watch what she said and did around the stallion, the two bid their goodbyes temporarily, for while Neoma was remaining in the River territory, she'd gone off to explore it more and see what secrets it held in the large expanse of trees covering the land.

Sreva, while curious as well, was content to remain in the large patch of grazing meadow beneath the largest tree in the kingdom's territory; a massive, far-reaching oak with a trunk base at least 5 times bigger of how long Sreva's body was. The large branches expanded out with amazing length, providing plenty of shade for those who wished to escape the sweltering heat of the summer sun.

Only now, it served as a means of shelter from the icy cold winds of winter. While some other trees shed their leaves as horses shed their coats with season's change, this large and burly oak was hanging on despite the biting winter frost. Some leaves had fallen, but a majority were still clinging to the branches and twigs with surprising strength, allowing Sreva to stay undercover and clear of any falling snow that might land on her pelt and give her even more of an Appaloosa's appearance.

The mare used her hoof to pick at the dirt to get some of the good grass, since the majority of it was dead. Finding food in the winter might be hard, but Sreva didn't care. She was used to hard challenges of survival, and this one was no different.

As she took another bite, grumbling at how it wasn't as good as the spring grass, her thoughts drifted to the black stallion. When she arrived, she heard through the grapevine that Chemdog was spending time with a filly of his, and Sreva, not wishing to interrupt, had taken Neoma to another part of the territory before they went their separate ways. It had been some time since that day, and Sreva did wonder if Chemdog was still off with the filly, catching up on what they'd lost.

The mare did hope to see the stallion again soon, but for now, she'd allow him his piece. Moving further under cover of the tree's branches and leaves, she continued to absentmindedly pick at the small blades of grass, her mind at times wandering to the powerful creature she'd spent a great deal of time missing over the last couple of years.

@[Chemdog]

Messages In This Thread
    I Really Have Missed You [Chemdog] - by Sreva - 05-14-2017, 02:52 PM
    RE: I Really Have Missed You [Chemdog] - by Sreva - 05-17-2017, 11:43 PM
    RE: I Really Have Missed You [Chemdog] - by Sreva - 05-22-2017, 05:35 PM
    RE: I Really Have Missed You [Chemdog] - by Prism - 05-30-2017, 06:49 PM
    RE: I Really Have Missed You [Chemdog] - by Sreva - 05-30-2017, 06:56 PM