• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

anyone;

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

The thought of flying is fascinating to Ivar. It would be quite like swimming in the air, he imagines. Still, he is ground-bound, and has accepted his lot in life. Less to groom, his mother had told him when he’d asked about wings, less responsibility.

Mother is all about less responsibility, Ivar has discovered.

The piebald colt isn’t thinking of Djinni now though; his attention is on Castille. He’d rather liked the other colt, sympathizing with his struggle to keep his wings consistent. The news that he’s learning is still exciting though, and Ivar smiles in response to the enthusiasm in the other boy’s voice. He’s about to say something when Castille leans in conspiratorially. Ivar mirrors the motion, his dark ears pricked forward to catch the secret.

“Woah.” He says, clearly impressed. “That’s so cool!”

It doesn’t occur to him to ask exactly what dragonborn means, but it sounds super awesome. It’s probably something to do with his wings, Ivar reasons, though maybe he can breathe fire too! That would e even more super awesome.

“I’ve been good!” He tells Castille, “My dad is teaching me how to swim.” How to swim and stalk, he doesn’t add, but not because he is hiding it. It’s just part of swimming, after all.

“Are you going to stay in Nerine forever?” He asks, the change in conversation quick, but following his chain of thought. He’s been travelling the rest of Beqanna, swimming anywhere he can. While he likes his father’s lake and his own crescent pond, its’ begun to occur to him that there are places beyond the borders of Sylva that might also be a good home. Ivar is not quite old enough to truly long for something of his own, but the time is approaching, and he’s clearly been thinking about it.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    anyone; - by Castile - 05-18-2017, 08:48 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 10:43 AM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 05-22-2017, 08:40 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 05-29-2017, 12:52 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Castile - 06-18-2017, 08:39 PM
    RE: anyone; - by Ivar - 06-18-2017, 09:10 PM