• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

ivar, i'm waiting on you

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

When she looks away, Ivar takes a moment to catch his breath, mentally attempting to slow the quick patter of his heart. He desperately wants her to leave, to go back t wherever it was that she had come from. Then she says that she can’t, and his head tilts in genuine interest for the first time.

He had felt the earth shake and smelled the sea from Sylva for the first time a few days ago, but it has not occurred to him that Pangea might have drowned. Swept away by the sea, he suspects, though he isn’t sure why. Mother had always cautioned him about the wasteland, and as he follows the curving line of Perfect’s rump with his brown eyes, he begins to understand why.

He doesn’t watch her with lust, but as the dark mare slips deeper into the water, something stirs.

Ivar has only been swimming with his mother and father before (and once, as a young child, with Kylin). They belong in the water as much as he does, but this mare does not. She is a land creature; if she cannot live in a drowned land, should she be in the water at all?

The pied yearling steps closer without thought. The light reflecting from the water reflects on his intense gaze, and for a moment his brown eyes seem to be silver. Though her smirk is probably not meant to be reassuring, Ivar takes it as such (or at least seems to) and follows Perfect into the deeper water. The current is not strong here and it is easy to hold his ground.

“Where will you go now?” He asks.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Perfect - 05-20-2017, 08:58 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 09:46 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Perfect - 05-20-2017, 10:15 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Ivar - 05-20-2017, 10:41 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Perfect - 05-22-2017, 01:58 PM
    RE: ivar, i'm waiting on you - by Ivar - 05-25-2017, 07:40 AM