• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

dark side of the morning - anyone

i know i'm not the center of the universe
    -but you keep spinning 'round me just the same

The rumbling of the volcano causes the colt to step back a time or two. His brown eyes are wide and wary, but the volcano quiets down fairly quickly and Warrick seems unconcerned. Tephra does not seem an exceptionally safe place to live despite the gorgeous views and warm climate, and Ivar wonders what had drawn the first settlers here. Perhaps they’d been led the same way the others had, a little band of horses given a land chosen for them by the same Beqanna magic that had just stolen from them.

That was all before Ivar’s time, of course. He has only ever known the Beqanna that exists now. Pangea’s disappearance was a foggy childhood memory, as are the discoveries of Hyaline and Loess.

The yearling looks up to meet Warrick’s eyes, listening to the older stallion’s answer with intense focus.

“Yes,” he agrees as Warrick describes the nature of Pele, “That does make sense. I think that I would help her, if I could.”

In front of them, the sky is beginning to fade, hinting at the coming dusk, He should be back home by nightfall, he knows. Mother and Father still worry, even if they don’t say as much. Still, he has a bit of time, and he answers readily when Warrick questions him farther.

“I’m trying to go everywhere,” he tells Warrick truthfully. “I’ve still got to see Loess, but then I’ll have seen all the lands. Not all the common lands though – Mom says I’m still too young. I’m gonna go someday though! See the Challenge grounds and the Illumni Plains and even the Beach.” The last word is spoken with something akin to awed reverence. He has been told, explicitly and several times, that he is not to ever go to the Beach.

“Have you been everywhere?” He asks.

-------------------i v a r
    ------------------------------------djinni and stillwater---------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
    dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-21-2017, 09:34 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-25-2017, 07:22 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 05-31-2017, 07:51 AM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-04-2017, 01:47 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-13-2017, 09:12 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-16-2017, 01:26 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-18-2017, 08:32 PM
    RE: dark side of the morning - anyone - by Ivar - 06-22-2017, 09:02 PM