• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

with shortness of breath, i'll explain the infinite; stillwater
    Stillwater
    She came to him in a trance, her little head tilted upwards, enthralled by the gently dancing canopy above, and the night sky weaving through the leaves as it carefully tried to catch a glimpse of her. Those stars she searched were a wonder to her and yet they were a million eyes on her, lit for her. Waiting for her.

Like a ghost, she glowed with a soft, supernatural light. She was a beacon for lost souls, attracting them all and fading out as trees crossed before her, lighting back up again as they opened, made way for her as they gently guided her home. To him.

In the distance, his heart had painfully squeezed and shrank like a pitiful pebble in his chest when he saw her eerie haze of light, his silky skin prickling with countless needles and his eyes impossibly latched to her. Luster. But it wasn't her. She was gone. It would never be her. This one was younger than she had been, lighter in color and lacking that blue and white of a beautifully foaming sea. It wasn't her. It would never be her. He wouldn't let it happen again. Lesson learned.

Never again.

A little gaze in a little face dropped to the ground. Her foot had touched the water, sending a cold shiver down his spine as he watched on from the shadows. She was captivated for only a moment on that earthly sky reflected back at her, before she scrambled hastily away with a quiet, frightened squeak. He raised an unseen brow as she curled in on herself and huddled in the shallow embrace of one of Sylva’s many rock forms.

He’d never had one that was already fearful of the water. That was typically after. If they were set free. Fortunately, most weren't. Devoured without a trace to sustain him for a while longer.

Then he was the night, endless and infinite black as he was drawn to her. Her quiet, campfire skin glittered and flickered across a stone backdrop, little embers embedded like stardust in the silver-bronze of her magical blanket. So like Luster. But it would never be Luster. The little ball of limbs tightened with another soft whimper, and he slid from the darkness, the planes of his dark face barely illuminated. He watched her silently a few moments longer, catching a whispered no as she fought monsters in her mind only she could see.

He took one step closer again, and halted, allowing her light to capture him for her. She sensed him, or heard him, and little eyes flew up to meet the shadowy-blue of his. A disarming smile greeted her as he fell into the galaxies in the nebula orange of her stare. Not brown, thank the fairies. It was false instinct to trust him, but even with that in his favor he didn't push forward, warm and soft as he examined her distantly for wounds. Finding none -her magic must protect her, he lowered himself fluidly to the ground where he was, careful to cater to her frightened state.

There, there, little one, he crooned softly, a voice as deep and smooth as the quiet lull of safe, cradling arms and a vibrating chest. The way he lay was a quiet offer of comfort, of security, an invitation to come to the shelter of his side. Lose your mum, did you? He was nodding sympathetically, allowing her time to answer if she would, though he already knew the answer. She smelled of the wasteland, and thus far she had been the only one to wander this direction from it's descent into the sea. But she wasn't alone anymore.

I can keep you safe.
    Truth, always the truth. He could.

But he wouldn't.
    come down to the black sea swimming with me
    go down with me, fall with me, lets make it worth it

Messages In This Thread
    RE: with shortness of breath, i'll explain the infinite; stillwater - by Stillwater - 05-28-2017, 04:30 PM