• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

make me pay like the devil i am - levi

He snorts, and a fine mist of blood sprays out from the colt’s green muzzle . He is in bad shape; his young flesh an awful combination of dehydrated cracks and oozing.  I’m fine” his voice defiantly contradicts reality. His jaw clenches, his eyes narrow. All signs of a cornered beast.

Levi gives a compliant snort as he turns his body and gaze away from the boy. It was clear that if he wishes to hurt Levi, the attack would be coming from the river… not his damaged body.  The unnatural swirl of the water behind him reconfirms what he thought he had seen earlier.  Boldly Levi takes a few steps towards the riverbank, putting more space between them and allowing him a moment to think. If the present company couldn’t have controlled the current, the dark stallion would have waded in.

But as it was he didn’t have time anyway, he needed to find a way to heat the water. Rocks large and small are scattered along the bank, he walks upriver where he discovers a larger one which has a rough bowl shape in its surface. There is some water pooled there, green and slimy. This will do.

In a rare moment of empathy Levi sees himself as the colt, broken on the shore, alone. Then not alone any more-  The colts bared teeth become more engaging than threatening as he thinks this. But even so, he doesn’t let his gaud down. If this boy was anything like him, a powerful fist of water could be headed for him at any moment. But Levi wouldn’t have acted much differently - he probably would have behaved worse. The colt had grit.

The heavy stallion keeps part of his attention trained on the river and he adjusts himself so the rock is between his body and the water. A thin veil of flame covers the stone. With this small quantity of fire, he scarily feels anything inside. It used to feel like something in his guts cracked every time released her. The practice has been paying off, but he misses the severity of his body changing under the weight of the fires ferocity. He needed to break his limits again, but not now.

Levi pushes the fire into the granite surface as much as he can, heating it.  The air is filled with the scent of burning things, the smoke mingling with his black mane, swirling between his ears. He doesn’t blink as it burns his eyes. The standing water steams off, the green algae and little bugs are incinerated, their ashes floating away on the air currents the rising heat is creating. Levi stands firm, facing the river. His dark neck twists back, his red eye peering at the injured colt. “I’m not going to do this for you.” He says, all traces of empathy gone. He is no healer, and he has never tried this before. It is only something he heard rumors of as a child, drifting off to sleep as the grown-ups talked, half listening to their stories as they mixed with his dreams.  

Looking back to his project, He gives one more push. There is a crack, and a piece of stone falls from the side, sheared off by the quick temperature change.  He cuts her off then, pulling the heat back into his body.  The stone glows orange.

Stepping back, he eyes they boy. The pyro has played his part, the rest is up tp the colt.

Levi
    so scream you, out from behind the bitter ache.

@[Maugrim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: make me pay like the devil i am - levi - by Levi - 05-30-2017, 02:56 PM