• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

make me pay like the devil i am - levi
    make me pay,
    like the devil i am
    There was a certain prowess that came from wielding a powerful element, and with that both Maugrim and Levi (though the yearling had yet to learn the stallion’s name yet) were familiar. Both were far more alike than any mere glance would give them, despite their obvious differences when it came to their most treasured gift (fire and water, what could be any more unalike?). They both knew of the growl in their bellies for testing limits and pushing boundaries in their unceasing search for that one thing that could quell their insatiable thirst – the only relief the two were given was when their precious elements were malleable beneath their minds and their grasp, though often times they would reach out to those nearest to them and attempt to do the same. Why are others so damn difficult to bend and manipulate? Why couldn’t they be like water: bendable and pliable with just the flicker of a desire or thought?

The instant fear (or was it regret?) that he sees in the stallion’s eyes was enough to satisfy Maugrim for the moment. He had watched the water reflect in the flaming color of the stallion’s eyes, mesmerized as he drew his dry tongue over the crack of his lips. But much like Levi had done, he had swallowed the urge and tightened the lid, keeping his intentions sealed for now (for Maugrim, this decision was for the sake of his health). 

Maugrim is sure that the auburn stallion is watching him intently as he flushes the wound. There was something about the stranger that Maugrim saw as recognizable. Was it understanding? No, understanding took compassion. Did the stallion see the familiar spark in Maugrim’s eyes, and did Maugrim see his? Then the large, robust stallion steps forward in response to Maugrim’s statement, and immediately he feels his body tense. He leans away from him, ever so slightly, shifting his weight. He could not help that his ears press instinctively into his neck and that his lips peel back to reveal his teeth yet again, eager to tear at flesh if needed. The water was there too, churning and tossing fervently behind them in warning. 

There was barely even a pause between the stallion’s step forward and the searing pain that became white-hot on his shoulder. If anything, the stallion’s movement and the pain were simultaneous. With a breath it seems, the stallion was able to create the flame that would press eagerly against the dark evergreen of his shoulder. The pain was unbearable and nearly causes the colt to faint and slump to the ground. He could hear the sound of his flesh melting together as he soldered the two pieces of skin into one. He writhes beneath the intense heat, the smell of burnt skin and hair stinging his flared and bloody nostrils. The water behind them rages with agitation, responding readily to the thoughts and commands in Maugrim’s head as the colt tries to stand as still as possible for the stranger. 

The stallion speaks and then the sound of sizzling flesh disappears. The stench remains, rancid and putrid in his nostrils and even on his tongue. The pain was far from subsiding, still throbbing and burning with the flames that had carefully licked his wound together. Maugrim’s slender legs buckle slightly and he felt dizzy, his breathing shallow and ragged as he tries to catch his breath and slow his heartbeat as it pulses wildly in his chest. Maugrim finally glances up at the older stallion, his dark eyes searching the unknown face. He would have said thank you, but from the look in the stallion’s eyes, just letting him burn his flesh was more than enough. He breathes heavily, his ribcage filling and emptying with large gasps. The water in the river slows and calms with the rhythm of his breathing. 

“Maugrim.”

He says no more, for that was all the other needed to know.
    m a u g r i m.

@[Levi]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: make me pay like the devil i am - levi - by Maugrim - 05-31-2017, 03:44 PM