• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Simple lies, strange eyes [Heartfire/ANY]
    show them the joy and the pain and the ending

She would be lying if she said she has no secrets. She holds more secrets than nearly any other creature in Beqanna. Of course, the majority of them are not hers, nor has she any particular qualms about divulging them should it benefit her in any way. But she is honest in herself and in her knowledge. Perhaps some see her as rather unfathomable, but in Wyrm she has shared more of herself than with almost any other living creature. Even her own twin is a stranger to her these days.

Crystalline blue gaze fixed upon him, she watches his transformation from reptile to beast, and from beast to horse. She eyes the way his skin ripples and quakes, stretching and growing until it changes into something entirely foreign. The folding of fur and the undulations of bone and muscle are fascinating to watch, a sight she has not often had opportunity to see with her own eyes. Despite her abilities and all her years of practice, there is something entirely different about seeing a thing with one’s own eyes versus through the gaze of another.

Lips edging into a slight smile, one that very nearly reaches her eyes, she embraces the brief touch before shifting, settling closer to him. Close enough that she can draw her muzzle along his cheek before placing a delicate kiss at the hollow of his throat, one that lingers long enough to feel the vibrations of his speech as he responds to her question.

For a moment, her eyes close, seeking out their son as she does, a simple touch, a fleeting glimpse, to assure him that she is there.

With a soft sigh, she breathes against his warm skin before withdrawing, her cool composure returning as she seeks his gaze once more. “She is well enough.” Perhaps a bit disillusioned, but the girl had been too filled with blind innocence for her own good. That she is hale and whole is what matters. She considers Wyrm for a long moment before continuing, “You should spend some time with your daughter. She might benefit from your… tutelage.”

Glancing away, she pauses while she allows her sight to expand, to embark on yet another futile search. With a second sigh, this one frustrated in tenor, she focuses once again before confiding, “My quarry seems to have escaped. For the time being, at least. I suppose you could say I am… irritated.”

i filled up my senses with thoughts from the ghosts

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Simple lies, strange eyes [Heartfire/ANY] - by Heartfire - 06-03-2017, 09:39 PM